New Enemy Classes 0.95

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
speedoflight

Re: New Enemy Classes 0.9

Postby speedoflight » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Just tested this mod 3 or 4 times already, good job. It increases the difficulty just enough to make things a lot harder without being impossible. Of course, with modded ships. I still didnt try with the vanilla races.. this is the perfect step between the vanilla game and, for example the infinite space mod. After that will be the insane difficulty mod, but i dont like op mods/ships/ weapons so i will neve ruse that mod.

Some ships are miss aligned (in the vertical axis) but in general terms, this is a great mod.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Wed May 01, 2013 3:46 pm

I had some free time today and I made a custom hull for the rebel interceptor:Image
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed May 01, 2013 4:46 pm

Sweet! That really looks faster and more manoeuvrable than the fighter. Like it a lot. Did you do gibs as well?
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Wed May 01, 2013 6:48 pm

Working on it right now! I'm glad you like it! :D
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed May 01, 2013 7:53 pm

I PMed you about if/how we want to cooperate on this. ;)
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue May 07, 2013 8:58 pm

0.95 released:
-Some ship offsets fixed, a few might still not be centred correctly, please report that here.
(shoutout to kartoFlane for implementing optimal offset calculating for enemy ships in the last editor update)
-Drone carrier start without weapons across the board now. They also have weaker max weapon system, so they shouldn’t outgun the player so easily any more. Also should makes them more interesting.
-Troopships and Barges have their weapons systems slightly downgraded.
-Energy interceptors start with one shield bar now. Should allow them to deploy their zoltan shield as intended.

speedoflight wrote:Just tested this mod 3 or 4 times already, good job. It increases the difficulty just enough to make things a lot harder without being impossible. Of course, with modded ships. I still didnt try with the vanilla races...

Yeah... When I had a chance to play I died a lot on normal lately, wonder if that is because of the new classes. :D I intended them to be as challenging as vanilla ships but not to be more difficult, so I try to nerf the mod a little now.
I currently think that Troopships and Carriers can cause the most headaches, specially in early sectors, but that's all kind of situational. The specialized ships also can waste you if you encounter them bad prepared or if you are unlucky... well, much like in vanilla. (Specially laser barges seem really variable right now, if they can't get through your shields they are just target practise, if they can they might tear you apart and their jammers even prevent you from fleeing.)
Further balancing suggestions would be appreciated.
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Wed May 08, 2013 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrenTenkage

Re: New Enemy Classes 0.95

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed May 08, 2013 5:26 am

Hey here is a suggestion, a mod to download that is both classes and the weapons mod you made.
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed May 08, 2013 8:02 pm

Yeah, I was already think about putting together a compilation of lore friendly mods after I finished this space stations thing I'm working on. Will still take a while though, probably end of this month. It will be called FTL Captains Edition.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu May 09, 2013 1:28 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Yeah, I was already think about putting together a compilation of lore friendly mods after I finished this space stations thing I'm working on. Will still take a while though, probably end of this month. It will be called FTL Captains Edition.

Then I can't wait
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Blocknight

Postby Blocknight » Thu May 09, 2013 1:37 am

Interceptors are being massive pains in the later sectors for me >_<
though I guess that's just my luck. love the mod!