Balanced Arsenal Mod 1.2/1.12b

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: Balanced Arsenal Mod 1.05/1.06b

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:21 pm

Version 1.1 released. Another content update, partly to increase weapon variety for the hunter classes of New Enemy Classes and to rebalance existing weapons.

Artillery lasers have been nerved a bit, as they where planned to require other weapons to deplete enemy shields they no longer pierce them themselves to fit more clearly into that role.

Light lasers now have increased projectile speed and breach chance, as well as one shield piercing. Enemy inaccuracy is kind of necessary to make the game beatable, but makes the light lasers almost useless in enemy hands. Therefore I added an enemy version that does more damage. Light lasers should generally be more threatening and useful in early sectors now.

Bonnie Lass wrote:Your links to New Enemy Classes in the OP do not work.

For me all links work I think. Can you specify which you mean?
aaaaaa50

Re: Balanced Arsenal Mod 1.1/1.1b

Postby aaaaaa50 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:49 pm

I ended up stuck with two artillery 1 lasers and an effector 1 for several sectors. The one shield piercing allowed me to get through three layers of shielding. I think that removing the shield piercing may make the artillery lasers a little too weak for something that takes up 3 or 4 power bars. Remember that the Glave Beam can pierce through two shields. I'd even say that making the artillery laser 2 pierce two shield layers would still be balanced as a 4 power weapon.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:05 pm

Im considering giving them back their one shield piercing as they might indeed be too weak without that. Still, the Artillery Laser does something different than the Glaive Beam so it doesn't compare that easy I think. (Glaive Beam spreads out its damage to multiple rooms/systems and charges slower while the Artillery lets you wrack a single system pretty much completely and deal high damage to hull at the same time - further complicating things for the enemy with fire and breach.)
Yet again compared with heavy Laser I the Artillery Laser I falls a little short, as they basically deal the same damage but artillery cant deplete through one shield now. :arrow: Well point taken, they probably get it back in the next update. Further opinions?
thashepherd

Postby thashepherd » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:52 pm

+1 for your counterhacking idea. Smartly done.
You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men - but I'm trying, I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

"Wow, that Kieve guy is one angsty nerd eh."
Sonata - "Best use of Common Lisp in an indie space roguelike!"
Creaphis

Re: Balanced Arsenal Mod 1.05/1.06b

Postby Creaphis » Wed May 01, 2013 3:14 am

Sleeper Service wrote:
Bonnie Lass wrote:Your links to New Enemy Classes in the OP do not work.

For me all links work I think. Can you specify which you mean?

Sleeper, I think you copied the URL for that thread while you were editing it. That means that the coded URL works for you, but anyone not logged into your account sees a "you can't edit this post" message or a log-in screen. Try this link instead: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14503

So far I'm not able to get this mod to work. I've tried both 1.1 and 1.1b, with other mods and on its own, in the current version of FTL and in the beta, installed by version 1.7 of Grognak's mod manager. The Kestral Type B always has basic lasers in slots 1, 2, and 4, while slot three has a "blank" weapon which crashes the game when used.
Sleeper Service

Re: Balanced Arsenal Mod 1.11/1.11b

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed May 01, 2013 9:05 am

Creaphis wrote:Sleeper, I think you copied the URL for that thread while you were editing it. That means that the coded URL works for you, but anyone not logged into your account sees a "you can't edit this post" message or a log-in screen. Try this link instead: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14503

So far I'm not able to get this mod to work. I've tried both 1.1 and 1.1b, with other mods and on its own, in the current version of FTL and in the beta, installed by version 1.7 of Grognak's mod manager. The Kestral Type B always has basic lasers in slots 1, 2, and 4, while slot three has a "blank" weapon which crashes the game when used.

Silly me, I forgot to give the old laser on the Kestrel B the BA_ suffix so the game didn't recognised it. Everything else in the mod was probably working correctly. Fixed that. You where right about the URL as well, sorry for that. :?
Shield piercing for Artillery Laser is also back in...
aaaaaa50

Re: Balanced Arsenal Mod 1.11/1.11b

Postby aaaaaa50 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:30 am

"You shouldnt see this description" :)
You forgot to set the rarity to zero.
Sleeper Service

Re: Balanced Arsenal Mod 1.12/1.12b

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed May 01, 2013 1:04 pm

I thought the wouldn't appear in game as long as they are not added the "standard weapons" weapon-lists... I guess this list is just for shops then and loot is just choose from all weapons that have rarity >0? You got it as loot I guess?
Anyway, thank you for pointing that out, should be fixed now.
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:34 pm

Uh, no, I found it in a shop. Setting the rarity to zero is what keeps weapons from showing up in shops. Maybe it keeps them out of loot drops too? I don't know how weapon lists work either.
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Wed May 01, 2013 8:45 pm

By setting rarity to zero it completely makes it non obtainable as a loot, reward,buy able etc.