[Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal [NOT UPDATED TO AE]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Crusher

Re: [Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal - 5-3-13b

Postby Crusher » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:14 am

Yes, the folder itself is called that.
Crusher's Type C(hallenge) Mod Ships containing:
Mantis Type C: The Sarcosuchus (No O2!)
Engi Type C: The Singularity (Boarding Drones!)
Zoltan Type C: The Annihilator (No Starting Reactor Power!)
Rock Type C: Krakatoa (Fire Boarding!)
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:34 am

I think I've found the culprit. Will PM you a fixed work-in-progress version.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Crusher

Postby Crusher » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:08 am

That fixed it. What a fast response! Thanks.
Crusher's Type C(hallenge) Mod Ships containing:
Mantis Type C: The Sarcosuchus (No O2!)
Engi Type C: The Singularity (Boarding Drones!)
Zoltan Type C: The Annihilator (No Starting Reactor Power!)
Rock Type C: Krakatoa (Fire Boarding!)
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal - 24-3-13u

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:53 pm

New update! Sorry for taking so long, several of the editor's features were giving me some trouble.
Changelog:
  • Fixed - Player ships with max crew equal to 0 (automated ships) now export the crew tag only once (previously there would be 7 additional, superfluous copies)
  • Fixed - Fixed systems' start availability status not loading when opening a project
  • Fixed - Adjusted the size of coordinate boxes at the bottom of the editor, so that the text they're displaying shouldn't get cut off
  • Fixed - Ships loaded from an .ftl package now will correctly export with images from that package
  • Fixed - Disparities between in-editor and in-game positions of rooms should now be gone
  • Fixed - Fixed an oversight in KuroSaru's datLib that would cause the editor to create a wrong folder structure on Macs
  • Fixed - Fixed a bug that would prevent the editor from exporting the artillery NO-slide weapon mount
  • Added - Added a Calculate Optimal Offset option, which attempts to find the best offset for the ship so that it is centered at the in-game screen (doesn't take the vertical property into account). Located in Edit menu.
  • Added - Re-implemented room splitting
  • Added - Re-implemented Weapon Mount Tool's slide and mirror indicators
  • Added - Added possibility to link doors to rooms, to create "gateways" that allow crewmen to move between rooms, even if they're not physically connected. However, this is discouraged, as it exploits an FTL bug. Explanation. Check documentation for how-to.
  • Added - Enemy ships now load and export information about their system stations. Also, enemy ships that don't have the slot defined will now load their default slots (which are random for some systems)
  • Added - Implemented shift-dragging. Works on hull, shield, mounts and gibs. Works with precision mode.
  • Changed - Because of the above, weapon mounts' mirror toggle has been changed from shift-left-click to alt-right-click
  • Changed - Ship choice dialog is now vertically resizable
  • Changed - Slightly modified the way interior images are handled. Nothing too important, but there may be some hidden bugs and crashes due to my forgetfulness
Last two items on my to-do list, bugs nonwithstanding:
  • Gibs animation simulation
  • Glow image browsing and export

Dropbox Download Directory: Superluminal 24-3-13u
(donate)
striking panda

Postby striking panda » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:32 pm

I'm having a little trouble finding which save directory to save it to when exporting it. Can someone please help.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:24 pm

Huh? It doesn't matter where you export the ship. You can just export it to your desktop, so you can find it easily.
striking panda

Postby striking panda » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:06 am

ok i got the file, but where do i put the it so I can use the ship in game
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:08 am

You need to use Grognak's Mod Manager to load mods (that are in .ftl format). Download it and make sure to thoroughly read the first post - everything's described there :)
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:16 pm

I only need to say, very good job dude. Great updates and improvements, the utility to link doors to rooms is just great, only 4 days ago i was working on a borg cube (very big) and i was trying to make gates between more than 30 different doors... in the end i just gave up, since the design changed as well. Im glad that u keep improving and making better the editor, i have no doubt right now that is the best so far in the community and probably in the future as well.

I think i speak for everyone when i say this editor saved my life a lot of times xD.

Thx!.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Weltall Zero

Postby Weltall Zero » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:24 pm

I know I'm repeating myself, but amazing work as always. At this point I'd say the editor surpasses anything anyone could ask of such a tool, yet you keep adding awesome functionality I wouldn't have thought of, let alone dreamt of having.

Thanks, really. This is such an awesome thing to have. :)