[v1.3][WIP] FTL TotalEventMod!

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
nataryeahbuddy

Re: [v1.3][WIP] FTL TotalEventMod!

Postby nataryeahbuddy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:59 pm

UltraMantis wrote:This one is just for you nataryeahbuddy. :D

Best of luck with the mod.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
My most popular mod! Over 290 Downloads!
Advanced Weapons and Shields!
My second most popular mod! Over 240 Downloads!
Advanced Battle Systems!
An awesome ship with custom graphics and two new weapons!
F-22A Raptor for FTL
Agg Shell

Postby Agg Shell » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:03 am

Crystal sector / very very VERY rare event

You notice a crystal ship floating around. It obviously notices you, but doesn't fire. Through the pioleting room you see some blue movement, but are unable to know what it is.
1. Scrap the ship
2. Leave the ship, might be important
3. Your crystal crew relises it as a well-know merchant, and you bring him along. he offers to show you his wares at a discount price. (blue option)
4. You use your anti-bio beam and kill all life. you scrap it but feel like something might of been aboard (blue option)
5. You send a boarding drone to the ship, but it gets taken down. the drone found no traces of oxegin, the only race that could survive that long is a crystal being!

1a. It seems as if you just saw something. you get some useful materials. (med. scrap + small chance of crystal weap)
1b. As you scrap, a blue figure grabs your crew and pulls him into the ship! You best get out before you lose anyone else. (-1 random crew, small scrap reward)
1c. A crystal being pleads that you save him, not the ship! He says his ship has no oxegin and he is dieing. (+1 crystal crew)

2a. nothing happens
2b. crystal being pleads for help, as he is suffocating.

3. After bringing aboard his wares, he shows you what he has to offer. (+1 crystal crew, does not sell crew). (second blue option, boarding drone helps bring over wares, 40% price sale. text: The merchant is impressed with the drone, and offers a bigger sale.

4a. You scrap the ship, but you can't help but wonder what the sight in the window was. (med-high scrap reward)
4b. Your crewmember becomes mad and attacks after seeing what he thought was a rare race of alien. (random crew attacks) very rare.

5a. (-1 drone) After launching a second boarding drone, you find no traces of life. it must of been too late.(-1 drone)
5b. You find a crystal being, who gladly joins your crew and gives suplys from his old ship. (-1 drone, +1 crystal crew, random suplys)
5c. The crystal being goes into a rage and fights your ship. (ship down to 3 hull before being dies: surrender +1 crystal crew) (crystal being die while in combat, + scrap reward.)(teleporter: beam onto ship.) (medbay 2: garunteed crystal crew) (slug crew: slug offers to check mental state to check incase he goes into a rage again. (chance of crystal crew or no crew)

I hope you like this event :D
Are you a mantis? Do you lack ships to fight and Zoltans to chew? Look no further! Come to your nearest mantis warcamp in the Zoltan Homeworlds or Zoltan controled sector and ask for a free brochure about how to farm the Zoltan! Results may very.
Dark Spartan

Postby Dark Spartan » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:19 am

Rebel Anniversary

Most likely found in Rebel-Controlled Sectors.

As your ship comes to a stop at the beacon, you are hailed by a busy space station in orbit around a small moon. They're celebrating the foundation of the rebellion and are inviting you to the festivities. You spy a few armed ships in the midst of the thick traffic, but with only a cursory glance before being asked to respond, it's hard to tell exactly what you would be up against. In their inebriated stupor, they don't seem to have recognized your ship yet.

1. Take part, intent on gathering intel about their movements.

1a. There's a lot of incendiary talk about the Federation during the festivities, but your crew manages to keep their tempers in check long enough to pass themselves off as rebel sympathizers. One of the more pickled partygoers lets slip some important tactical information about where the rebels are headed, as well as a munitions cache they're hoping to intercept. A quest marker has been added on your map! Delays Rebel pursuit by several turns and adds a beacon containing loot.

1b. As your crew imbibes the potent liquors they have on tap, one of your crew takes exception to someone calling Admiral Tully a coward and a blowhard. A heated fistfight ensues, which soon escalates into an all-out firefight! The rebels chase you back to the ship, and manage to spring aboard before you can undock! Combat begins with a Rebel Cruiser, as well as 3-4 boarders.

1c. One of your crew is excited by all of the exotic drinks being served, and promptly indulges himself. Unfortunately, he crosses paths with a sultry rebel informant, and blurts out your next planned jump! This information quickly gets back to the rebels, and you decide it's time to cut the party short and get going. A hangover is the least of his worries, you figure... he'll be cleaning out the O2 filters for a week! Rebel pursuit heavily boosted for several turns.

2. Explain that you're with the Federation.

2a. The station immediately calls over one of its patrolling vessels, and directs it toward you. It's arming weapons! Begin combat with a Rebel Cruiser.

2b. The station owner expresses his distasteful vitriol regarding the Federation's politics, and gives you a big earful about how they're going to drive the galaxy into the ground, but it's clear that these folks are all talk. You curtly cut comms and prepare to leave. No reward.

3. Attempt to leave.

3a. The inebriated partygoers jeer at your vessel as it pulls away. One of the drunkards decides to give you a parting gift and bumps hulls with you, scratching the paint. 2-4 hull damage.

3b. Not wanting to let a potential source of information get away, the station sends one of its more heavily-armed cruisers after you! Begin combat with a Rebel Elite Cruiser.

4. [Missile Weapon] Create a dazzling fireworks display to use as a cover to escape.

4a. You explain that you're in a hurry to meet someone, but offer to give the rebel partygoers a show. Configuring your missiles' warheads to detonate in all sorts of bright colors, you loose a pyrotechnics display that leaves them agape and cheering. Though, before they can express their applause in person, you're already light-years away. -3 missiles, no reward other than guaranteed escape.

5. [Rock Crew Member] Have your Rock crew member take part in drinks.

5a. Your Rockman expresses some displeasure with having to talk with these, as he puts it, "frail water sacks," but with some encouragement and coaching, he manages to dominate the party conversation, his fortitude laughably unaffected by the potent liquor. Long after the others are babbling idiots from the booze, the Rockman simply asks when the rebels will be through here, and passes the information on to you, along with some intel about where they're keeping an arms cache. A quest marker has been added on your map! Delays Rebel pursuit by several turns and adds a beacon containing loot.
nataryeahbuddy

Postby nataryeahbuddy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:50 pm

Snarks, I just added your event!

Snarks wrote:I wanted something for the humans since they had absolutely nothing in terms of special interaction with the universe. I might write up a few more if this is well received.

Event name: Rebel ship with broken sensors

Sector: Distress Beacon with Ship

Event is most likely in a Rebel controlled sector.

Initial Event Description

A Rebel ship is in the immediate area. You order your crew to power up the weapons, but before you can fire, they hail, "It's about time someone from the fleet got here. Our sensors are out, and we can't risk continuing to transport the cargo."

1. Explain to them you are not a part of the Rebel forces.
2. Continue powering up weapons and prepare to destroy them. <Combat is initiated.>
3. (Human Crew) Lie to them about being a part of the Rebel fleet and take the cargo.

Response 1A - 50% chance

"Well, this is embarrassing. Just leave us then."

<Event end. You can jump to the next sector.>

Response 1B - 50% chance

The rebel ship has shut down its communication link, and they are moving into an attack vector!

<Event end. Two to three boarders beam aboard your ship. Combat is initiated.>

Response 2 - 100% chance

<Event end. Combat is initiated.>

Response 3A - 20% chance

The Rebel ship beams aboard a package containing a weapon.

<Event end. Receive a weapon.>

Response 3B - 20% chance

The Rebel ship beams aboard a package containing an augmentation.

<Event end. Receive an augmentation.>

Response 3C - 20% chance

The Rebel ship beams aboard a package containing missiles and drone parts.

<Event end. Receive a large amount of missiles and drone parts.>

Response 4D - 20% chance

The Rebel ship beams aboard several containers of fuel.

<Event end. Receive a large amount of fuel.>

Response 3E - 20% chance

The Rebel ship beams aboard an armed contingent of soldiers! They are momentarily confused, but upon realization that they are on a Federation ship, they pull out their weapons!

<Event end. Two to three boarders beam aboard your ship. Combat is initiated.>
Advanced Battle Systems!
F-22A Raptor for FTL
Torchwood202

Re: [v1.4][WIP] FTL TotalEventMod! NEW UPDATE! [17/2/13]

Postby Torchwood202 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:54 pm

Natar, double check your 1.4 update. It conflicts with the FTL source code (meaning FTL will not open)
xdiesp

Postby xdiesp » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:55 am

You find a rift in space to the mirror universe, and are forced to fight a ship the same model as yours.
nataryeahbuddy

Postby nataryeahbuddy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:59 am

xdiesp wrote:You find a rift in space to the mirror universe, and are forced to fight a ship the same model as yours.

Nice Idea, but you have to specify a specific ship to load.
I like the mirror rift thing, can you think of a new event based on it? :D (like the zoltan great eye, etc.)
Advanced Battle Systems!
F-22A Raptor for FTL
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:41 pm

nataryeahbuddy wrote:
xdiesp wrote:You find a rift in space to the mirror universe, and are forced to fight a ship the same model as yours.

I like the mirror rift thing, can you think of a new event based on it? :D (like the zoltan great eye, etc.)

Lol, not really its just a copy of an episode plot of star trek... ^^, but yea that will be great, to fight a ship exactly like yours, but the problem is how to tell the ai to grab the same model of your ship, and the same systems, etc. U will need to put that in the autoblueprints file, but then, u will be facing a lot of ships like yours, not only in that event......

Btw, is the 1.3 version the one in the 1.4 link? or, where we can download the 1.3 version?
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
nataryeahbuddy

Postby nataryeahbuddy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:39 am

speedoflight wrote:
nataryeahbuddy wrote:

Lol, not really its just a copy of an episode plot of star trek... ^^, but yea that will be great, to fight a ship exactly like yours, but the problem is how to tell the ai to grab the same model of your ship, and the same systems, etc. U will need to put that in the autoblueprints file, but then, u will be facing a lot of ships like yours, not only in that event......

Btw, is the 1.3 version the one in the 1.4 link? or, where we can download the 1.3 version?

1.3 is the link
for the fight the ship that's the same as yours, all I can do is make you fight a base ship.
(i.e. the starting kestrel vs. your kestrel, starting crystal vs. your crystal)
I'll have to make a bunch of different files for different ships
btw, are you a coder? I can post this on github and we can collaborate
Advanced Battle Systems!
F-22A Raptor for FTL
Snarks

Postby Snarks » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:49 am

Awesome, my idea got implemented. I've been meaning to write another event, but I've just been too busy with school lately. I'll have something up in a few days hopefully. Thanks again for coding in the event!