Ship creation through buy system + Randomizer utility

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
xdiesp

Re: Ship creation through buy system + Randomizer utility

Postby xdiesp » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:28 am

Basically, right now the utility generates "words":

- you have been given command of a valiant class ship! select valiant and press start... .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- your ship is equipped with... basic laser (weapon) breach bomb ii (weapon) automated reloader (augmentation) .

Words according to a plan, but just words. :P It would be cool if it generated a FTL file for this Valiant ship.
shark

Postby shark » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:04 pm

Your second step is to make it less human readable and make it more machine readable.

So once you have blueprinted the lego's you want to use - or rather, making a master Blueprint.xml file containing all that information; you'd need to select valid blueprint entries (thru randomization) and generate a valid blueprint for say, kestrel_a.

in other words, i suggest streamlining your "words" into "keywords" that can be used to construct a working kestrel_a XML document that can be pasted into a file and ran with GMM. once you get there, we can start talking about generating the whole thing and replacing this manual labor with a few buttons clicked.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.
xdiesp

Postby xdiesp » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:52 am

Today that I have time, I will see what I can do using php or another plot editor to generate an .xml file.
xdiesp

Postby xdiesp » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:30 pm

Now I am working on a PHP version of the utility to generate a file that's readable by Superluminal. Work in progress:

http://ftl.orgfree.com/kestrel_randomiz ... izer_t.php