Mod request: New systems

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Torchwood202

Mod request: New systems

Postby Torchwood202 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:45 am

I request a mod that adds new systems (Preferably systems that can be manned) . People can post system ideas here, and if i'm lucky, someone can make a mod for it!
shark

Re: Mod request: New systems

Postby shark » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:33 pm

You're totally out of luck.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.
Agg Shell

Postby Agg Shell » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:46 pm

new system: Acuarccy Module

Price: 125 scrap

Upgrades:
40 scrap: 4% greater chance to hit
70 scrap: 9% greater chance to hit
110 scrap: 14% greater chance to hit
135 scrap: 17% greater chance to hit

Manning:
Every shot that hits, you gain 1 exp towards acuarccy (out of a total 60) if the weapon has a charge time of below 13 seconds (not counting reloader+weapon manned buff)
weapon recharge time 14-18 seconds 2 xp
weapon recharge time 19+ seconds 3 xp
would not gain xp when beam is fired. (doesn't miss)

Manning level bonus:
Manning lvl 0: 2% greater chance to hit
Manning lvl 1: 5% greater chance to hit
Manning lvl 2: 7% greater chance to hit
Are you a mantis? Do you lack ships to fight and Zoltans to chew? Look no further! Come to your nearest mantis warcamp in the Zoltan Homeworlds or Zoltan controled sector and ask for a free brochure about how to farm the Zoltan! Results may very.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:04 am

You missed the point of what shark was trying to say. Having ideas for new systems is fine, but new systems cannot be implemented. The game was not designed for that.
At best you can rename existing ones and alter them a bit, but that will affect all ships with the system and may cause balance problems.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
DauntlessK

Postby DauntlessK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:10 am

UltraMantis wrote:You missed the point of what shark was trying to say. Having ideas for new systems is fine, but new systems cannot be implemented. The game was not designed for that.
At best you can rename existing ones and alter them a bit, but that will affect all ships with the system and may cause balance problems.

Its a shame but yeah. Still would love to hear awesome ideas for new systems. We can only hope for it in FTL 2
shark

Postby shark » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:26 pm

DauntlessK wrote:
UltraMantis wrote:You missed the point of what shark was trying to say. Having ideas for new systems is fine, but new systems cannot be implemented. The game was not designed for that.

Its a shame but yeah. Still would love to hear awesome ideas for new systems. We can only hope for it in FTL 2

I wouldn't start making ideas until they made the sandbox available. Then again, ideas of that kind is what makes the sandboxes grow larger.

@AggShell: you realize shots can't actually miss right? they can only be dodged. so all this system amounts to is a reduce to the enemy's dodge percentage. You can do this by making a fake augmentation and making an event for this but...
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.
DauntlessK

Postby DauntlessK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:45 pm

shark wrote:Its a shame but yeah. Still would love to hear awesome ideas for new systems. We can only hope for it in FTL 2
I wouldn't start making ideas until they made the sandbox available. Then again, ideas of that kind is what makes the sandboxes grow larger.

I like to cling on to the small hope that the devs read my every post and suggestion. Shhhh don't ruin my ridiculous thoughts. :roll: Hopefully they read at least some suggestions and hurry up with a sandbox regardless!!

Another system I thought of: teleportation scrambler. A system that diverts all the teleporting boarding party to that room or causes them to be scattered throughout the ship. Or blocks teleportation altogether while activated for a steep cost in power.
shark

Postby shark » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:54 pm

Ugh, when I said "sandbox" I meant "implementation-specific limitations".
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:06 pm

As people say, i am not particulary atracted to give ideas to something that will never happen. And if for a miracle the developers say they will update the game and add new things, i dont think new systems will be one of those things. They will add other things before that, and they will make balance improvements before that, and modding improvements before that.

I will propose other things before new systems, like shield management (to be allow to redirect the shield to any quadrant of the ship to protect targeted systems, of course this will need to change the way the game handles targeting and shield management).

If i want suggest another system, it will be something related with hull plating, like Armor system, for example. U can add power to armor system to improve hull armor. And that will be a great defense against hull weapons, for example.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage