Early purchase for those that missed Kickstart?

General discussion about the game.
CEO

Early purchase for those that missed Kickstart?

Postby CEO » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:10 pm

So, long story short, I was in China for work (Shanghai ironically) for three weeks when the Kickstarter happened and didn't have a clue it was happening until i got back. I would love the oppotunity to contribute as well and am interested in if there will be another opportunity to do so (or pre-buy) at some point before launch.

PS: As a international marketing and biz development professional, the concept of having people (like me in this case) asking to be allowed to give a company money fascinates me. Pretty amazing and congrats!
Snake Plissken

Re: Early purchase for those that missed Kickstart?

Postby Snake Plissken » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:28 pm

I hope something can be done for you man. Its a fantastic product that doesn't fail to deliver. That being said with a 2 man development team and all the deadlines they are under... :cry:
CEO

Postby CEO » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:39 pm

Agreed and understood on the 2-man development challenges.

Maybe there is an opportunity for a marketing arm or even a gorilla marketing campaign. I can't help but feel there is a lot of opportunity for this game (and the studio) if the word gets out.
Snake Plissken

Postby Snake Plissken » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Agreed on that one. I know I'm doing my part. I would assume they would/should bring the demo back at some point hopefully that will at least keep the wolves at bay for a while.
Darthcaboose

Postby Darthcaboose » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:27 am

Let me just join in and agree on all the agreeing going on here, I was feeling lonely...

Not sure if the devs will have something that will allow non-Kickstarters to join in the beta. I'm sure if you sent them an email when the beta did start they might be able to do something for ya...
Vesson

Postby Vesson » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:49 am

I will pay like QUADRA what the kickstarters had to pay to get beta access.

TAKE MAH MOANAY!
Justin
Site Admin

Postby Justin » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:16 pm

There will certainly be a way to pre-order the game as we get closer to release; if only through Steam's normal method of pre-order sales. However, I can't guarantee we'll take your money to let you into the beta. We had initially planned for it to be restricted to the kickstarter backers, so I'm not sure how fair it would be to them if we admitted other people.
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
CEO

Postby CEO » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Do a second, "buy the guys some new rigs" mini-kickstarter? :D I'm just bummed i missed the thing, what with having to jump the great firewall of China to do anything while i was over there. That said, based on the articles i saw, the kickstarter is part of what made people aware of this game ... and i'd bet a lot of people didn't read the articles on the kickstarter until after it was already finished.
Snake Plissken

Postby Snake Plissken » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:29 pm

Justin wrote:There will certainly be a way to pre-order the game as we get closer to release; if only through Steam's normal method of pre-order sales. However, I can't guarantee we'll take your money to let you into the beta. We had initially planned for it to be restricted to the kickstarter backers, so I'm not sure how fair it would be to them if we admitted other people.

Honestly as a backer it doesn't bother me one bit. As long as you guys get the funds you deserve and it doesn't take away from the final product I'm more than happy to share this game with everyone who wants it.
fallout

Postby fallout » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:53 pm

Justin wrote:There will certainly be a way to pre-order the game as we get closer to release; if only through Steam's normal method of pre-order sales. However, I can't guarantee we'll take your money to let you into the beta. We had initially planned for it to be restricted to the kickstarter backers, so I'm not sure how fair it would be to them if we admitted other people.
Double Fine Adventure is going through something similar right now (was being discussed as an option on their private backer forum). It seems like the majority of people don't care about extending it to people who missed the Kickstarter, but there are a few outspoken people who write 10,000+ word posts detailing all of the issues with it. I can't remember where the argument currently stands.

Personally, I'd be happy with more people joining up for the beta, but it might be worth it to just not worry about it and focus on the damn game. People can wait a few months.