What do you wish was in FTL?

General discussion about the game.
Agg Shell

What do you wish was in FTL?

Postby Agg Shell » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:21 pm

As i haven't seen a post like this, i figure i will start one now! We all want things in ftl, most that probably would never get added. But share with the community what you wish was in the game, i'm sure we'd all love to hear your ideas!

I might as well start off, as i have a few things I'd love added.
1.) Every time you beat the flagship, a random flagsip weapon is unlocked. They would act like the arty beam in which they are their own system, with 3 upgrades. (like the flagship). You could only have one on at a time, but advantiges would be they wouldn't be dependent on the weapon system.
2.) A mode where every time you die in the game, (or beat it) the amount of scrap collected goes to the hangar, which once defeating the final boss unlocks a new mode: Federation mode, as you use the scrap you have to build new ships for your fleet, based on ones you have unlocked. (and as you play ftl, you could get ships to join). You would take part in sending fleets of ships destorying rebal camps, and choosing how much scrap to give to a ship for upgrades and new weapons.
3.) More drones. 'nuff said.
4.) Sort of a cheat mode in-game. One that lets you repair yourself, give you as much scrap as you want, any weapons, ect, but nothing there would count to acheves. It would be cool to test out stratigys.
5.) more events. we have a nice amount of 'em right now, but more would always be wonderful :)

So, what do YOU want in FTL?
Are you a mantis? Do you lack ships to fight and Zoltans to chew? Look no further! Come to your nearest mantis warcamp in the Zoltan Homeworlds or Zoltan controled sector and ask for a free brochure about how to farm the Zoltan! Results may very.
BKT

Re: What do you wish was in FTL?

Postby BKT » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:30 am

Image  × 4
BadgersCanSpace

Postby BadgersCanSpace » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:43 am

I think I'd like the option to see from the eyes of one of your crew, kinda Dungeon-keeper style. I'd like to be a rock thumping a busted O2 valve into place, or a mantis leading a raiding party on an unsuspecting enemy ship.

Yeah, I know how much effort and time that would require, I'm just spitballing xD
ruler

Postby ruler » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:21 am

Longer game with more content.
Team fights.
Personalised crew (stats, names, faces, unique avatars)
Higher and lower difficulty settings.
Agg Shell

Postby Agg Shell » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:59 am

faces we couldn't see, and we already have names & stats.
Are you a mantis? Do you lack ships to fight and Zoltans to chew? Look no further! Come to your nearest mantis warcamp in the Zoltan Homeworlds or Zoltan controled sector and ask for a free brochure about how to farm the Zoltan! Results may very.
stubarfoo

Postby stubarfoo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:33 am

I wish there was a sequel to FTL where you played the Rebels and this game would show how the Rebels (after having their mothership blown up) rally and try to fight the federation. There could be missions where you can attack Federation planets and control how the destiny of the rebellion.
Dr_Zegobob

Postby Dr_Zegobob » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:09 pm

A self-destruct button for the Boarding Drone.
My ships:
Kestrel A, Engi A, Engi B, Stealth A, Stealth B, Zoltan A, Zoltan B, Rock A, Federation A, Federation B, Mantis A, Mantis B.
Ships listed in green are ones that I have scored a victory with.
LONCHIVAR

Postby LONCHIVAR » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:03 pm

Oh this is a great thread.

Most of all? I want a FTL 2!!! Let us start passing the hat and kickstart it up!

What I would love to see is MULTIPLE SHIP COMBAT.

This would be where 2 (or more) ships attack you. There would be a "toggle" to change what ever ship you are aiming at and a little visual that shows how many ships there are and what not.

Talk about cranking up the challenge. Do you divide your weapons and crew up to take out 2 ships at once or try to burst one down.

I would love to see a HANGER option the ships. That way you could have your crewmembers fly fighters that are basically manned DRONES. That would be fun.

I would like to see each character be able to hold a piece of GEAR. A med kit, a wrench, a flame thrower, body armour, what have you. That would be cool.

A shipyard feature where you can use a point system to craft you own unique ship would be awesome and add even more exponential replay value.

I would like to see space stations and planetsides have actual combat where you move your party through rooms/areas. I would get a lot of satisfaction finally killing those spiders with a flame thrower. Moving into a room in a space station and finding if full of hostile life forms would really get the "boarding party" aspect into high gear.

I would like to see a cloning station where you can pay to duplicate a crewmember. I think that would be a fun switch instead of just whoopin' up on slavers.

I would love to see about 200+ more random events.

I would love to see a new class of weapon. Beam, ion, laser, missile, bomb, and ??? -- photon, phaser, etc...

A few more races... a few more challenges... and of course leaderboards.

Is 10906 the high score in the universe? It would be nice to know!

I am guessing I will add more to this subject matter... but thanks for starting this thread!

Good hunting out there!

LONCHIVAR
Agg Shell

Postby Agg Shell » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:46 pm

one thing i forgot! the ability to buy airlocks!!! maybe, ~60 scrap to put an airlock wherever you want? that would be bawss
cuthawolf

Postby cuthawolf » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:10 am

"Smart" missile systems. Either a weapon itself, or a ship Augmentation that lowers your target's chance to dodge against missiles only. Not a huge amount, but something in the 5-15% range would make a missile cruiser a little more viable I think?

Piercing beams. Again, either a weapon itself, or an augment. A beam with lower damage (1 damage per room on average, maybe 2 with a small beam length) but that pierces through more layers of shields.

Chaff. An alternative to needing a defense drone to avoid missile attacks. A weapon system (or one that takes up a slot) and uses some kind of ammo to increase your dodge against missiles.