[MOD][NEW RELEASE] Sonata 7a TC

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
anzuu7

Re: [MOD][RELEASED] Sonata 7 TC

Postby anzuu7 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:16 am

Really looking forward to the finalized version of this!

Unfortunately so far I've been stumped with trouble with the file extension. Since I run FTL through Wine on Ubuntu (admittedly I'm fairly new to the OS), it doesn't seem like a simple renaming of .zip to .ftl has been working; no matter how much fiddling I do with the folder name/extensions I still get a "unsupported folder" problem from the mod manager, and I'm [pretty certain ubuntu has the display file extension option on by default.

Unless someone has a solution that I'm too stoopid to figure out, it would be great to see an already-formatted .ftl version of the mod on mediafire or something that isn't picky like moddb :P
DCChuckles

Postby DCChuckles » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:01 pm

anzuu7 wrote:Really looking forward to the finalized version of this!

Unfortunately so far I've been stumped with trouble with the file extension. Since I run FTL through Wine on Ubuntu (admittedly I'm fairly new to the OS), it doesn't seem like a simple renaming of .zip to .ftl has been working; no matter how much fiddling I do with the folder name/extensions I still get a "unsupported folder" problem from the mod manager, and I'm [pretty certain ubuntu has the display file extension option on by default.

Unless someone has a solution that I'm too stoopid to figure out, it would be great to see an already-formatted .ftl version of the mod on mediafire or something that isn't picky like moddb :P

Go into the GMM config and change the recognize .zip option to true.
Mithrawnurudo

Postby Mithrawnurudo » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:32 am

GMM says .gitattributes and .gitignore are not recognized file types, and when I start the client and go to that delicious menu and press new game, the client crashes, this is what the crash log always says:

Version = 1.02.5

Last Player Ship

Last Enemy Ship

Last Event Text =

Stack Trace:

1 - 0x004ac83b
2 - 0x004d49ff
3 - 0x004d4f02
4 - 0x004d93ba
5 - 0x005491a4
6 - 0x0052cb10
7 - 0x0052cb49
8 - 0x004046da
9 - 0x004067ba
10 - 0x00406bdb
11 - 0x005be0db
12 - 0x005be198
13 - 0x005bda66
14 - 0x004010b6
15 - 0x00401128
16 - 0x75a233aa BaseThreadInitThunk
anzuu7

Postby anzuu7 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:07 am

DCChuckles wrote:Go into the GMM config and change the recognize .zip option to true.

Got it! Working great.

Thanks so much!
thashepherd

Postby thashepherd » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:09 am

Mithrawnurudo - The ModdB download is not distributed with those .git and .gitignore files - so I'm guessing you pulled down the latest build of Sonata from Git directly. Unfortunately, you're dealing with code that is in active development and I cannot support it.

Just re-downloaded the ModdB release and verified that those files should NOT be there.

DCChuckles - enabling that option in GMM shouldn't be necessary for ANY distribution of Sonata - I've never actually tried it.

anzuu7 - Sadly, I don't have a copy of Ubuntu handy to test :) have you been able to get any other mods to work? You should be able to see how Sonata's file structure is similar - Sonata is distributed in exactly the same way as, say, the Incursor cruiser IIRC. I'm "whole hog" in ModDB right now, but for the next release I think I'll put the readme and the .ftl file inside a .zip for user ease.

If you still have trouble, you could always extract Sonata and re-zip/ftl it yourself.
You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men - but I'm trying, I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

"Wow, that Kieve guy is one angsty nerd eh."
Sonata - "Best use of Common Lisp in an indie space roguelike!"
symptomx42

Postby symptomx42 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Download it from ModDB people. The other download screws the game.

Thanks to the modders. That was a sweet experience.
Vincam195

Postby Vincam195 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:53 am

Do you think you could make a version of this mod that doesn't have the different soundtrack or new main menu background. I tried deleting the music (not sound effects) folder but then the mod just simply didn't work so maybe you could make it?
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:25 am

Vincam195 wrote:Do you think you could make a version of this mod that doesn't have the different soundtrack or new main menu background. I tried deleting the music (not sound effects) folder but then the mod just simply didn't work so maybe you could make it?

To make that work you're going about it wrong. You'd have to extract the data\Sounds.xml.append from the mod and either comment out the music with <!-- ... --> tags or just delete it entirely. Then save changes and package it all back up.
It's not a difficult process, just inconvenient.
thashepherd

Postby thashepherd » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:13 am

Kieve wrote:
Vincam195 wrote:Do you think you could make a version of this mod that doesn't have the different soundtrack or new main menu background. I tried deleting the music (not sound effects) folder but then the mod just simply didn't work so maybe you could make it?

To make that work you're going about it wrong. You'd have to extract the data\Sounds.xml.append from the mod and either comment out the music with <!-- ... --> tags or just delete it entirely. Then save changes and package it all back up.
It's not a difficult process, just inconvenient.

It's more involved than that - he'd have to edit SectorData.xml as well. I didn't re-use vanilla track names or placement.
You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men - but I'm trying, I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

"Wow, that Kieve guy is one angsty nerd eh."
Sonata - "Best use of Common Lisp in an indie space roguelike!"
HappyThug

Postby HappyThug » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:54 am

The is the best, not to mention the ONLY fully functional total conversion I've found. Thank you very much! You did an excellent job everywhere, though the stealth ships need some help!

I like playing this mod, but I would also very much like a standalone weapons mod with most these weapons, though maybe not the shield piercing non-missile-weapons. They tend to be very unbalanced in the standard play!

Also a standalone music mod, that would act IN ADDITION to the already wonderful FTL soundtrack would be awesome. Some very excellent choices for music in this mod!