Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
freedomclub

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager v1.5 (Updated Dec 19 2012!)

Postby freedomclub » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:40 pm

boa13 wrote:Are you sure you extracted all the files? It seems the configuration file is missing.

Seems I didnt extract the files into the correct folder. I can now run GMM, but still get an error when trying to patch:

Backing up data.dat
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 515, in <module>
sh.copy2("data.dat", "data.dat.bak")
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 128, in copy2
copyfile(src, dst)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 82, in copyfile
with open(src, 'rb') as fsrc:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'data.dat'

Thanks so much for the help!
boa13

Postby boa13 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:21 am

Now it cannot find data.dat, one of the two data files of the game. Either you have not placed the files in the proper directory, or there is an incorrect setting in the config file.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
freedomclub

Postby freedomclub » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:38 am

boa13 wrote:Now it cannot find data.dat, one of the two data files of the game. Either you have not placed the files in the proper directory, or there is an incorrect setting in the config file.

My data.dat file is in FTL/data/resources. Is that the correct place?

And how would I rectify any possible issue with the config file?
boa13

Postby boa13 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:34 pm

It's not so much the location of your data file (which is fine), but the location where you put the Mod Manager files. Check if you have extracted them in the correct directory (which I do not know, because I have not used it yet :)).

The config file (I don't remember its name :)) is a simple text file, you can edit it with a simple text editor, for example Notepad (but not word processors such as Word and LibreOffice, they would mess up the file).
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
PierceElliot

Postby PierceElliot » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:40 pm

Having the same problem. Only, my 'main.py' file refuses to run from the terminal at all. I get a "No file or directory exists". This is also a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04 so there is probably something I've yet to install.
jackofools

Postby jackofools » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:15 am

freedomclub wrote:
boa13 wrote:Are you sure you extracted all the files? It seems the configuration file is missing.

Seems I didnt extract the files into the correct folder. I can now run GMM, but still get an error when trying to patch:

Backing up data.dat
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 515, in <module>
sh.copy2("data.dat", "data.dat.bak")
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 128, in copy2
copyfile(src, dst)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 82, in copyfile
with open(src, 'rb') as fsrc:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'data.dat'

Thanks so much for the help!

What folder was the correct one? I am having the same issue you were previously, before you found the right folder to put the files in. I have them in .local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/FTL Faster Than Light/data/x86/bin right now. I have also tried right under FTL Faster Than Light folder and gotten the same errors.
jackofools

Postby jackofools » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:24 am

PierceElliot wrote:Having the same problem. Only, my 'main.py' file refuses to run from the terminal at all. I get a "No file or directory exists". This is also a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04 so there is probably something I've yet to install.

I had the same problem until I navigated to the directory where main.py resides. Alternately you can (from home) type python {path}/main.py and that should work from anywhere.

Additionally, since its a fresh install of Ubuntu, you need to make sure python-tk is installed before running main.py, one way to do this is run:
sudo apt-get install python python-tk idle python-pmw python-imaging
Then it will download unpackage and install what you need to run main.py

I just went through all this over the last hour or so, so its fresh in my mind.
balmung60

Postby balmung60 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:13 pm

I'm on Linux and though I can run GMM, I can't seem to apply the patches. I press the button to patch the files and nothing happens and no mods are patched in.

EDIT: Nevermind. Now that I actually say something about it, it seems to work fine.
Maifa_Monkey

Postby Maifa_Monkey » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:10 pm

I got Ftl a few days ago and it worked perfectly , when i downloaded ggm and added it to ftl directory ftl stopped working completely. I have tired to reinstall it and it always ends up as a black screen withe a white box in the middle. When ever i try to use modman i get an error message. Can someone help me please. : :?
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:08 am

If you are using steam you may have to use the "verify cache" option to get the game working again.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.