[PLACE ANY MOD SUGGESTIONS HERE] FTL:Faster Than Light

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Superblues1

[PLACE ANY MOD SUGGESTIONS HERE] FTL:Faster Than Light

Postby Superblues1 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:32 pm

Hello,
I wanted to create this thread purely because i am not a modder myself but have ideas of what to do for mods. Im sure there are many FTL players out there that have the same dilema.

So hopefully this thread will be looked upon any modders out there who feel they can help provide us "non-modders" with our ideas and suggestions for mods. Your suggestion can be anything, whether its just a in-game tweaks or added features (ships, layouts,weapons,images etc).

My Suggestion:
I personally would like to see a layout that has a 6 man teleporter, and maybe the possibility to have a unique weapon to the ship (maybe a upgraded healing burst or anti-bio beam). I am aware that this may seem to unbalenced in a OP way, so maybe restrict the crew down to 2 at the start of the game and have no ship damaging weapons.

Please dont be hesitant to post on this thread, no matter how silly your idea may be. :)
Baldwebby360

Re: [PLACE ANY MOD SUGGESTIONS HERE] FTL:Faster Than Light

Postby Baldwebby360 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:58 pm

Seems solid i will start work on That tomorrow
What are looking for in crew race ship design ect. Sort of a mantis type thing prehaps for now i will use the mantis bomber png.
Kestrel A, Kestrel B, Stealth A, Stealth B, Mantis A, Mantis B, Engi A, Engi B, Cruiser A, Cruiser B, Slug A, Slug B, Rock A, Rock B, Zoltan A, Zoltan B, Crystal A, Crystal B.
Red is locked, green is a win with that ship.
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:55 pm

Superblues1 wrote:My Suggestion:
I personally would like to see a layout that has a 6 man teleporter, and maybe the possibility to have a unique weapon to the ship (maybe a upgraded healing burst or anti-bio beam). I am aware that this may seem to unbalenced in a OP way, so maybe restrict the crew down to 2 at the start of the game and have no ship damaging weapons.
Try the Overlord in my Starcraft mod (link in the sig). The Overlord starts with the 6-man teleporter... but it does have no ship-damaging weapons and no shields. It's perfectly playable - I've beaten the game with it - but man is it tricky. But when you assemble a boarding party of 5+ Mantis, it does feel awesome :)
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
Superblues1

Postby Superblues1 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:13 pm

Baldwebby360 wrote:Seems solid i will start work on That tomorrow
What are looking for in crew race ship design ect. Sort of a mantis type thing prehaps for now i will use the mantis bomber png.

Yh the mantis bomber will be fine, maybe start of with 2 mantis and a engi/human. You can decide on what you feel would be better. I know this isnt helpful but im clueless on what systems to start of with and what levels, because i dont know how to balance it out so its not OP. Thank you for taking this up, i would really enjoy mucking about with this ship. :)