Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
boa13

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager v1.5 (Updated Dec 19 2012!)

Postby boa13 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:50 am

newguy142 wrote:then I tried to run the Main.py file by allowing it to execute as a program and running it in my terminal but all it does is bring up the terminal for a fraction of a second and then terminal exits and nothing happens. I'm fairly new to Linux so is there something I'm missing?

Start the terminal, go into the folder where Main.py resides, and then type ./Main.py (or maybe it is ./main.py, letter case matters in Linux) in the terminal. Main.py will most likely output some error text, but this time the terminal window will not disappear. Maybe the text will be enough for you to understand what is wrong, and you can copy/paste the text here if you don't understand it.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
LBraden

Postby LBraden » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:00 pm

Grognak, any headway on what is causing the error I am having, been trying a few more times and still no luck
cjs284

Postby cjs284 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:09 pm

I have installed gmm, and activated it, and the mods show up and the context text box comes up and says it unpacks and everything, but when I start ftl, nothing new. Halp?
newguy142

Postby newguy142 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:26 pm

boa13 wrote:
newguy142 wrote:then I tried to run the Main.py file by allowing it to execute as a program and running it in my terminal but all it does is bring up the terminal for a fraction of a second and then terminal exits and nothing happens. I'm fairly new to Linux so is there something I'm missing?

Start the terminal, go into the folder where Main.py resides, and then type ./Main.py (or maybe it is ./main.py, letter case matters in Linux) in the terminal. Main.py will most likely output some error text, but this time the terminal window will not disappear. Maybe the text will be enough for you to understand what is wrong, and you can copy/paste the text here if you don't understand it.

Here's what I typed in and here's what it kicked out:

micah@Micah-Laptop:~/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/FTL Faster Than Light$ python main.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 5, in <module>
from Tkinter import * # I know, I know, bad practice
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 42, in <module>
raise ImportError, str(msg) + ', please install the python-tk package'
ImportError: No module named _tkinter, please install the python-tk package

EDIT: Nevermind I fixed it. I read the error message and realized I was missing the python-tk package. After I installed it the program booted up just fine.
Pubmaster

Postby Pubmaster » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:03 am

This is probably a stupid question but , how do you ( or can you ) turn the mods on and off ?
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:51 am

Select no mods and patch the game. This restores the normal unmodded game.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
pbn4ever

Postby pbn4ever » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:24 pm

is it possible to mod the steam version? no matter what i do, even after adding the scrap advantage mod ad patching, nothing new happens... ive been trying to install the no rebel fleet, but it wont wrk :'(
boa13

Postby boa13 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:02 am

Yes it's possible to mod the Steam version.

Do you have several versions of the game installed? Are you sure all the files are at the proper place when you try to mod the game?
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
freedomclub

Postby freedomclub » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:44 pm

I'm using Linux. Running main.py I get the following error in the terminal:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 417, in <module>
allowzip = cfg.getboolean("settings", "allowzip")
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py", line 368, in getboolean
v = self.get(section, option)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py", line 607, in get
raise NoSectionError(section)
ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'settings'
boa13

Postby boa13 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:43 am

freedomclub wrote:I'm using Linux. Running main.py I get the following error in the terminal:
(...)
ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'settings'

Are you sure you extracted all the files? It seems the configuration file is missing.