Master Mod List

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
UltraMantis

Re: Master Mod List

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:15 pm

My bad. Dunno why i ignored it, but i probably thought i'd come back to it, then forgot... :oops:

I updated the list now. Incursion, Better Planets and Backgrounds and Mass Effect TC have been added.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:55 pm

For the Ships section: Tuesday's Starcraft conversion is abandoned, but mine has a release at viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5238
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Added. Sorry for the delay.

Also a question: Do you folks think it would be a good idea to mark NEW! mods? Or put Update! next to ones that are updated? If so, changes can be requested/announced in this thread or just drop me a PM to ensure a quicker response.
lavajci

Postby lavajci » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:33 am

I'd like the "New! and Updated!" features.

Also, random question; Can new races be added in-game?
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:35 pm

lavajci wrote:Also, random question; Can new races be added in-game?
It'd be better to ask questions like this in the Mod Development forum. Or even better, search that forum. The question is discussed in this thread, and the answer is unfortunately basically no. (We can change the visual appearance and the text of races, but not any of their abilities or stats.)
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:13 pm

I've just updated the Cyclone to include new weapons. The mod is pretty much complete now. Same page as before, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10383
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:14 am

A new ship with customised graphics and unique starting weapons, The Viper, is fully ready for download and play, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10439
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:30 pm

Master Mod List updated to include new ships. Great work guys, keep modding. :)
Dreamstorm

Postby Dreamstorm » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:49 pm

Looking for a mod that simply unlocks all ship models. Haven't been able to find one...

(Just used FTLEdit (after FINALLY gettting it to work due to a copy+paste bug) to create my own ship. I modififed an old model as was suggested in the guide, but I just realized I don't actually have that model unlocked yet. Rather than doing it all over, I thought this would be easier.)
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:39 pm

I guess I may as well crosspost here to say that I answered over on the other thread Dreamstorm made, pointing him/her at ComaToes's Profile Editor.