[SOLVED] Cant install on Ubuntu

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Ruglud

[SOLVED] Cant install on Ubuntu

Postby Ruglud » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi,

FTL runs great on my windows PC, but I cant install it on my Ubuntu machine. I read the readme-file, and try to launch the script file, but nothing happens. There are 2 script files, but I get the same result with both. Hope you can help me. :|

Sorry for my bad english. :oops:
boa13

Re: Cant install on Ubuntu

Postby boa13 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:51 pm

How do you launch the script files? Do you double-click on them, or do you run them from a text window? Can you post a screenshot of what you currently have?
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Ruglud

Postby Ruglud » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:53 pm

Thank you for trying to help me. :)

Here are two screenshots from my unpacked FTL Folder:

I tryed different ways to launch it. When I double-klick on it, I get a contextmenu where I can choose between "open with terminal", "open" or "abort". No matter, what I choose, nothing happens. :|
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Can you try to run it from a terminal that you open up?

- Open a Terminal (if you click on the applications / search icon in the top left you can just type "Terminal" and find it)
- type: cd ~/Desktop/FTL (though it looks like your Desktop is labelled in German (?), so you might want to type that ) and press enter
- type ./FTL and press enter

Then the terminal should give you some output that might hint to why it's not working. Sorry about the troubles!
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Ruglud

Postby Ruglud » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:56 pm

Thank you for your help.
Yes, Im using a German version of Ubuntu.

I try both, to type "Desktop" and "Arbeitsfläche". Here some screens of the Terminal:

Looks like a missing graphiccard driver?! :o

Edit: Problem solved. I deleated the libstdc++.so.6 in amd64 directory of FTL. :)
Thanks for your help!