[Exploit/Bug] Weapons and Shields XP

General discussion about the game.
Duboyski

[Exploit/Bug] Weapons and Shields XP

Postby Duboyski » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:58 am

I'm guessing these are just an unintended due to how xp gain is triggered;

1) Gain weapon xp each time a weapon is fired, but if you fire more than 1 weapon simultaneously you still gain only 1xp. The best example is the federation cruiser, 4 basic lasers. If you set them all to fire at once you will gain 1 xp, but if you stagger them even a little you will gain 4xp.

2) Gain shield xp when shields go *up* in combat I.e. your shields get hit and restore after short period. It seems to trigger on the restoration so if you intentionally lower your shields by a bar and raise it again you get xp for that.

I'm sure these are easily fixed if need be, just requiring a separation on xp gain per weapon and maybe xp gain when shields are hit.
Justin
Site Admin

Re: [Exploit/Bug] Weapons and Shields XP

Postby Justin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:01 am

Yeah, we're planning on changing HOW crew gets exp as well as adding a cap on the max per fight (assuming it actually works well when trying it out). The whole "gain 1 point for a specific action" doesn't feel great in general to us.

Thanks~
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
DocGratis

Re: [Exploit/Bug] Weapons and Shields XP

Postby DocGratis » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Justin wrote:Yeah, we're planning on changing HOW crew gets exp as well as adding a cap on the max per fight (assuming it actually works well when trying it out). The whole "gain 1 point for a specific action" doesn't feel great in general to us.

Thanks~

Can there be a way for second crew members at stations to gain XP too? I don't want them to boost performance, just learn the skill so I have backup/cross training...

PLEASE? :)
Weapons Officer "Aww do we really NEED 02 and Medbay? I want more weapon power"
Shields and Engine Officers "Yeah we want more power!"

Pilot (aka Captain) "Will you babies get back to work!"