--SPOILERS-- The Gila Monster

General discussion about the game.
OrangeBottle

--SPOILERS-- The Gila Monster

Postby OrangeBottle » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:28 pm

I believe the mantis ship, named the Gila Monster, is pretty underpowered compared to all the other ships that are available for selection. The Torus is preferable, even. It's major problem is versus automated drones early on. You can't teleport your crew over, because they'll suffocate, and you can only have one weapon active at a time. Could you please add another bar of weapons power to the Gila Monster?
xeranes

Re: --SPOILERS-- The Gila Monster

Postby xeranes » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:36 pm

In my opinion, the Torus is one of the hardest ships to loose in! Of the three time I won the game two of them were with the torus!
I... I think I just broke the game...
Sardonic

Postby Sardonic » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:03 am

I'm actually going to have to disagree, the teleporter makes it extremely effective. Just use two of the mantis crew as a boarding party, use the bombs to take out the medbay, and just kill everything on board.
OrangeBottle

Postby OrangeBottle » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Sardonic wrote:I'm actually going to have to disagree, the teleporter makes it extremely effective. Just use two of the mantis crew as a boarding party, use the bombs to take out the medbay, and just kill everything on board.

Two words: automated drone.

Then it takes an hour to take the things down, because teleporting crew over means they die, and you can't pierce their shields with the laser, meaning that you have to use the small bomb to slowly whittle down their systems while they blow you up.
VladePsyker

Postby VladePsyker » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Mantis struggles early game

a decent drone early on basically ends your day if you don't just take the hits and warp out