[REQUEST] Star Wars ships!

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
DCChuckles

[REQUEST] Star Wars ships!

Postby DCChuckles » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Just an idea, but I think it'd be cool to have a Millenium Falcon or an Imperial Star Destroyer to play aroound with, preferably with some custom weapons like turbolasers or something. I'm absolutely useless at modding, otherwise I'd do it myself, but if someone with ship-creating experience could give it a go, I'd be so happy :)
Zalkida

Re: [REQUEST] Star Wars ships!

Postby Zalkida » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:24 pm

If your looking for something to do, you can do the artwork in Paint.NET. It gives the look of the other games in the ship and is free :) I reccomend having a picture to go on, but here are the steps

kevinandersson wrote:Sure :)

I drew everything to scale - using a reference picture. I scaled the reference picture to be somewhat close to the final scale I wanted to have it. After that I traced the primary line-fills with the pencil tool (to get pixel fitting) - . After that I made it into a smartobject, and split it in half so I only had to detail half of the ship.

After the details are done, I went on adding fill and shading. Attached are a couple of pictures from the process:

Outline:

Detailing:

Fill:

Shading:

Final:
[/quote]

just save what you come up with here and I'll be glad to help :-)
Zalkida Mirnath - Fear the Assassian
DCChuckles

Postby DCChuckles » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:57 pm

I'll get started right away :)
POM_Fenris

Postby POM_Fenris » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:02 pm

I would like to help with the artworks, but I am terrible at it. I also know very little about modding. But I could do research into what ship has roughly what weapons - or what would suit a ship. So I could help create loadouts for the ships if you want :D
hellcatv

Postby hellcatv » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:49 pm

POM_Fenris

Postby POM_Fenris » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Kudos, dude!
DCChuckles

Postby DCChuckles » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:24 pm

I hope no one's given up on this :/ I'm still working on a few sprites. Are you still up for research, Fenris?
DCChuckles

Postby DCChuckles » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:21 am

Is there anyone good with FTLEdit who can help us with this?
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:19 pm

I'm fairly practiced at bludgeoning FTLEdit into submission. If you send me what images you want and what precise ship specs you want (weapons, crew counts, drones, augments, initial missile/drone counts, etc) then I could do the FTLEdit work for you, and assemble the .ftl file for you to playtest.

If you have any opinions on the layout of rooms - e.g. bridge should be here, drive room should be here, etc - then so much the better.
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
FTLmodder28

Postby FTLmodder28 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:46 am

I'm in the Process of Building one but I'm gonna be working on a way to Add and Change the Room Layout from the Falcon. I'm getting away from the Generic Ships and I'm gonna make all HD everything so it looks nice with the HD Texture packs. So far this is my Modlist/Modorder for FTL

Beginning Scrap Advantage.ftl
Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.ftl
Disable Fleet.ftl
diversityMod_0.3.ftl
EquipmentEX.ftl (I Modified the Blueprint Files to make the Mod more Fair cause the Enemy was getting overpowered Drones and Flame/Breech related Weaponry)
FTL-Additional-Events-and-Texts.ftl
gruesome.ftl
Highres Backgrounds V1.0.ftl
KRS Obsidian Cruiser v.1.2.2.ftl
Viper.ftl
TotalEventMod-v1.3.ftl
SC2Ships.ftl (Contains my Custom Ship Projects just using it as a Template for now)
SC2UI.ftl (contains old UI for System Icons cause I like the Original Generic ones better ;P)

This is everything you need to FTL much better...