Just won... As I blew up?

General discussion about the game.
Beric

Just won... As I blew up?

Postby Beric » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:16 am

I was down to one hull point on my Feb Cruiser. The last missile of the enemy's salvo came in, and my ship started to crumple to bits. One second later, the flagship blew up as well, as my just-fired laser salvo struck home on its hull!

My crew may have died a heroic death, but their names will live forever on in history, having saved the Federation with their deaths. Just awesome! (I would have been admitted almost as happy if I had "lost")

Coincidentally, I've had a victory with one HP left as well. I just love the how close you can get to the edge in this game. :)
boa13

Re: Just won... As I blew up?

Postby boa13 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:35 am

Yes, this is possible. If you Rebel Flagship is destroyed even a small microsecond before you, then you can die in peace, knowing you have succeeded in your job. :)

I think that the reverse is also frustratingly possible: if you explode slightly before the Flagship, then you lose. :|
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Number43

Postby Number43 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:48 am

I've seen two different people post screenshots of a game over screen with the flagship exploding in the background.
samseng813

Postby samseng813 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:50 am

I think FTL is not about our ship survival but it is about defending the federation future.
Thus as long as the Rebel Flagship destroyed it should count as the player win.
anzuu7

Postby anzuu7 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:09 pm

When both ships blow up, it doesn't count as a "victory" on the scoreboard I'm guessing?
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:37 pm

It does if the mothership dies first. Then it's a normal victory. It would be a nice touch if the game acknowledged a heroic sacrifice, win or lose.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.