The greatest ship ever.

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
UltraMantis

Re: The greatest ship ever.

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:50 pm

ExtraCheesyPie wrote:
UltraMantis wrote:I only met that ship once. I might attack it if i see it again. I got the Mantis quest a dozen times :lol: but Rock, Engi, Slug and Zoltan only once.

Almost got the Mantis ship, but realised I had no Teleports. Was a sad day.

Play a boarding-heavy game and go for the hostile sectors.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
JagXY

Postby JagXY » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:59 pm

How common is the Mantis Homeworlds? I have gone there with the requirements many times but I only ever find the thief when I don't have a teleporter, lv2 medbay, or ability to kill the crew without destroying the ship :(
Darkelve

Postby Darkelve » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:06 am

doomeater54 wrote:I don't have a pic of it but I ran into a rebel ship that only have a basic laser as a weapon in sector 5 no attack drones, nothing

Me too. Just one basic laser... if you have at least two shield points, it can't do anything. I wonder if you can use it for grinding: keep shooting an ion weapon and have your weapons guy level up a couple of levels in one fight.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:32 am

Darkelve wrote:
doomeater54 wrote:I don't have a pic of it but I ran into a rebel ship that only have a basic laser as a weapon in sector 5 no attack drones, nothing

Me too. Just one basic laser... if you have at least two shield points, it can't do anything. I wonder if you can use it for grinding: keep shooting an ion weapon and have your weapons guy level up a couple of levels in one fight.

Sure can. You could get the shields guy leveled up at the same time. Probably helm and engines too but not as quickly.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.