FTL - a video review (now with 72% more tea)

General discussion about the game.
Sacheverell

FTL - a video review (now with 72% more tea)

Postby Sacheverell » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:26 am

Hey guys, I'm Sacheverell, lead editor and VO producer over at the official Minecraft Forum, nice to meet you! A rather large amount of my personal time has been consumed by FTL since the closed beta went live, and thought I'd take a bit of time to produce a quick introductory walk-through video for the game. Hopefully, this video can help out newcomers or anyone who might be struggling a bit with some of the game's core concepts, while future videos will go into more depth on advanced concepts, survival strategies and such, many of which I learned from endlessly combing through the forum myself.

Anyway, give it a watch if you like, and let me know what you think. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAZMvfg2Yv8
Sacheverell

Re: FTL - a video review (now with 72% more tea)

Postby Sacheverell » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:49 pm

Might be doing livestreams of the game in the near future as well.
MrJLK

Postby MrJLK » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Yes please.
Warbird

Postby Warbird » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:18 pm

What mic are you using to record with? No amount of post processing magic prevents me from sounding like arse when I do a video.
Sacheverell

Postby Sacheverell » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:40 pm

Warbird wrote:What mic are you using to record with? No amount of post processing magic prevents me from sounding like arse when I do a video.

The one I used for this video was an AT2020. They come in USB and XLR variants, the former being much easier to work with if you don't have a studio setup handy. :)
MrJLK

Postby MrJLK » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:51 pm

Warbird wrote:What mic are you using to record with? No amount of post processing magic prevents me from sounding like arse when I do a video.

I was going to put something along the lines of, "Are you sure that's not how you sound then?" But realised it would be too harsh :lol: