Hint: Alternate way to Defeat Ships

General discussion about the game.
Gimboid

Hint: Alternate way to Defeat Ships

Postby Gimboid » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:09 pm

Something I played with today which was quite fun, whenever you come across a ship you can easily defend against (i.e. they can't penetrate your shields).

I found it quite amusing to simply take out their life support until they all die of oxygen deprevation (yes, I know that makes me an evil bastard), but, on the bright side you get a lot of scrap :D.

If they have 2 shields and you have the standard 3 damage laser, its quite easy to keep taking out their O2 supply, with the odd fire to take out their health too. if they have plenty of spare hit points on their ship, taking out their med-bay if they have one is great too.

On some of the smaller ships, they don't have access to their O2 room, so one volley to take out their O2 supply, then sit and wait until yo uget all your shiny scrap :)
VladePsyker

Re: Hint: Alternate way to Defeat Ships

Postby VladePsyker » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:33 am

Try this with the Hull Laser 2

hit the O2 room spark a fire and hull breech, and giggle like a madman
chanman

Postby chanman » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:15 am

I prefer to hit them with fire bombs. Works best if they don't have a medbay
aviphysics

Postby aviphysics » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:24 pm

I love doing this. It is a great tactic for the engi using their ion canons.
Nori

Postby Nori » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:28 pm

So if you kill all of their crew you get more scrap? Hmmm good to know. I hadn't noticed that yet and usually go in for the quick kill. This could work well against mantis since they repair so slowly.
temporal

Postby temporal » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:54 pm

aviphysics wrote:I love doing this. It is a great tactic for the engi using their ion canons.

Oh, that is evil. I will definitely have to try this!
VladePsyker

Postby VladePsyker » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:44 pm

Nori wrote:So if you kill all of their crew you get more scrap? Hmmm good to know. I hadn't noticed that yet and usually go in for the quick kill. This could work well against mantis since they repair so slowly.

scrap rates tend to vary on captures but I've found it nets a larger amount of fuel which is a good thing