[Suggestion] Doctors, Engineering bonuses, and more!

General discussion about the game.
VladePsyker

Re: [Suggestion] Doctors, Engineering bonuses, and more!

Postby VladePsyker » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:50 am

Custom ship building is something I wouldn't mind point buy system pick a hull then pay for weapons crew augments etc etc.

As for other types of crew.
a) a race that live in vacuum, O2 is harmful, they heal in vacuum , if you get one as crew you need to vent a section of your ship so they can survive

b) healer race , give remote med level of healing to everyone in the room

c) overcharger race provide double the benefit of having a crew at station but drain one energy from whatever room they are in so you could have your weapon cooling down faster but costs one extra bar of energy.

d) sacrificer race, when they die thier body converts to energy that creates a energy shield around your ship that blocks everything until its taken down

e) teleporter race, move by teleporting can teleport over to enemy ship and back (5sec cooldown between jumps)

But I'm guessing the devs already have a boatload of ideas for such expansions not only crew but new ships mods weapons etc etc
Lambchops

Postby Lambchops » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:43 am

As far as I recall from previous topics the devs did try to implement custom ship but found that it was a nightmare in terms of balance and not particularly fun (you can see why, there's a few enemy ships that are deliberately badly designed on purpose to be beaten easily, I don't imagine it would be fun for a player if they happened to design one of those!).

I like the idea of having a doctor for quicker healing though.
Lestibournes

Postby Lestibournes » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:09 am

Mguy wrote:I had another idea perhaps once the medic skill is high enough the doctor can move around the ship healing people, a lot slower than the med bay obviously.

Or:
A doctor* can heal people anywhere, but does so faster at the med bay.
A medic** can only heal people in the med bay, but can slow down or halt their deterioration elsewhere.

* A special character who has a pre-existing skill that can't be acquired for healing people.
** A regular crew member who gains healing powers from experience from working in the med bay.
VladePsyker

Postby VladePsyker » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:17 am

Just so we're all clear there is an augment that basically does the job we're describing for doctors , heals anywhere on the ship at a reduce rate
DocGratis

Postby DocGratis » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:22 pm

I would love there to be more things for crew to do...

I say playing one game where I had a large crew (side note, some indication of MAX crew possible would be helpful)

I ended up with crew just standing in areas of the ship with nothing to do.

Ideally, people in areas could boost other things (a drone boost to fire rate?, maybe some medbay bonus?)
Secondly, we should make extra "stations" in rooms that currently have bonus. They don't have to give a bonus, but it would let crew members train.

I hate when I loose a crewman, and then no one has "shield" training The extra guy could have been practicing. So if the first guy dies or has to go to sickbay he could preform skills for the boost.
Weapons Officer "Aww do we really NEED 02 and Medbay? I want more weapon power"
Shields and Engine Officers "Yeah we want more power!"

Pilot (aka Captain) "Will you babies get back to work!"
Battlemage15

Postby Battlemage15 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:55 pm

Doctor, I don't know... but I do like the idea of a console in the Cloaker and Drone Control.

Drone Control crewman raises their rate of fire (or melee damage or repair speed, where applicable).

Cloaker crewman lowers cooldown of the Cloaker.
Meeker

Postby Meeker » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:27 pm

for the drone room, I'd imagine rate of fire would be fairly fixed (assuming random stuff like power generation, yada yada) but I'd love it if a drone "operator" made the damn thing a little more *accurate* as the operator would help by designating targets for the drones
kylarus

Postby kylarus » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:48 am

I would like the Drone Control Room to have a console that allows me to direct fire or movement of drones. No experience would allow least precise targeting or little control, while ** experience could allow pinpoint targeting and faster movements.