[MOD] diversityMod [V0.3]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Istarune

Re: [MOD] diversityMod [V0.3]

Postby Istarune » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:53 pm

I have tried to go through and remove all ion missiles, and the "burst last III" (Burst_Laser_4 in the mod file) from Alextfish's edit, restoring "Burst Laser IV" to the original "Burst Laser III" with 5 shots, power 4 (Still referenced as Burst_Laser_5 in the mod file) . I will miss it somewhat, I liked the fake burst laser 3, but I also want to play the game the way it was originally balanced.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ncj6qduy7qq9e ... phical.ftl

This should be the last change needed to bring this to a purely graphical mod, I've double checked myself, if there are any errors let me know and I will edit it again.

This is my small (very small) contribution to a fantastic game, I hope everyone finds it useful.

UPDATE 11-14: Restored Burst Laser II rarity to 4. Restored Burst Laser III flavor text.
Last edited by Istarune on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:51 am

Istarune wrote:I have tried to go through and remove all ion missiles, and the "burst last III" (Burst_Laser_4 in the mod file) from Alextfish's edit, restoring "Burst Laser IV" to the original "Burst Laser III" with 5 shots, power 4 (Still referenced as Burst_Laser_5 in the mod file). I will miss it somewhat, I liked the fake burst laser 3, but I also want to play the game the way it was originally balanced.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ncj6qduy7qq9e ... phical.ftl

This should be the last change needed to bring this to a purely graphical mod, I've double checked myself, if there are any errors let me know and I will edit it again.

This is my small (very small) contribution to a fantastic game, I hope everyone finds it useful.

There are a few little things that I noticed were different. In the description of the Burst mk. 3, it now says "deadly" instead of "impressive". Also, the burst laser mk. 2 is 5 scrap cheaper in this version, and the rarity is different. Apart from that, everything else seemed right though.
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
Istarune

Postby Istarune » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:03 am

VanguardOfValor wrote:There are a few little things that I noticed were different. In the description of the Burst mk. 3, it now says "deadly" instead of "impressive". Also, the burst laser mk. 2 is 5 scrap cheaper in this version, and the rarity is different. Apart from that, everything else seemed right though.

Good catch! I've corrected the file and re-uploaded it. URL should be the same.
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:54 pm

Thanks for getting round to that when I didn't. I've been a bit busy.
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
Istarune

Postby Istarune » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:38 pm

Hey you did most of the work :) I just did one tiny bit.
thashepherd

Postby thashepherd » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:31 pm

I just wanted to stop by and say "thank you" for creating this mod - I familiarized myself with modding FTL by reading through this mod's files and images.

In fact, I started writing "Sonata" on top of this mod - it took me a bit to remove your work! I've probably stared at your upgraded weapons more than the vanilla ones. It's jarring.

Keep it up!
You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men - but I'm trying, I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

"Wow, that Kieve guy is one angsty nerd eh."
Sonata - "Best use of Common Lisp in an indie space roguelike!"
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:34 pm

Does this mod change the enemies maximum shields, because I ran into this: A autoscout with 5 shields at last stand. Is that supposed to happen or a bug?
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
Jotshi

Postby Jotshi » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:04 pm

Metzelmax wrote:Does this mod change the enemies maximum shields, because I ran into this: A autoscout with 5 shields at last stand. Is that supposed to happen or a bug?

5 Shield ships exist in the game originally, they are just really rare. I highly doubt this mod changed anything regarding that.
Fangz

Postby Fangz » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:50 am

Istarune wrote:
VanguardOfValor wrote:There are a few little things that I noticed were different. In the description of the Burst mk. 3, it now says "deadly" instead of "impressive". Also, the burst laser mk. 2 is 5 scrap cheaper in this version, and the rarity is different. Apart from that, everything else seemed right though.

Good catch! I've corrected the file and re-uploaded it. URL should be the same.

Hi, Istarune. I'm running your version of this mod and I just noticed I got hit twice during the same battle by a single shot missile launcher that did 4 damage to my shield room *without breaching it*.

I know a Breach Missile does 4 damage to any room when it hits, but hitting twice without causing a breach is a little strange.

Maybe I got lucky considering that the Breach Missile has a high chance to cause a breach. It's a possibility.

Or is it possible that this has something to do with any modification on the stats associated with this particular weapon during the making of this mod?
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:11 am

I can say for sure that when I went through looking for little errors, none of the other numbers were off. Sounds to me like you just had that 1% chance of not getting a breach two missiles in a row.
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...