Worst I've Died

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
cakebread666

Worst I've Died

Postby cakebread666 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:03 pm

I am pretty amazed by this.
VintageCake

Re: Worst I've Died

Postby VintageCake » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:36 am

Upgrade medbay and pur energy into it. The squad will heal up.
How did you not figure this out, lol?
cakebread666

Postby cakebread666 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:55 am

wtf, don't give people tips in a game like this. I think you owe me a dollar.
Kestral B

Postby Kestral B » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Even if he upgrades the med-bay how is he supposed to repair the O2?

I got in this situation once and wasn't able to figure a way out even with lvl2 med bay...doesn't the repair progress reset when you run back to the med bay after like 1-2 seconds of repairing?
Madhax

Postby Madhax » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:35 pm

Kestral B wrote:Even if he upgrades the med-bay how is he supposed to repair the O2?

I got in this situation once and wasn't able to figure a way out even with lvl2 med bay...doesn't the repair progress reset when you run back to the med bay after like 1-2 seconds of repairing?

I've never been in this situation, but I heard that a level 2 med-bay can out-heal suffocation, and with two non-mantis crew you should be able to heal to full, run to the oxygen room, repair it, and get back to the medbay before dying.

Never tested it, though.
Number43

Postby Number43 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:12 pm

Yes most races other than mantis should be able to make it, but zoltan have reduced health so I'm not sure. Still you should be able to switch out the third crew member in there mid-way if it's not fast enough.
Reiker

Postby Reiker » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:07 am

I just got this game so I'm still awful at it, but I just started a game where I lost my first fight (on Easy). Enemy ship had a drone that was just pounding me, breaking all my systems and starting fires everywhere. Not even sure how I was supposed to win that with the default ship.
Farlark

Postby Farlark » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:52 pm

Madhax wrote:
Kestral B wrote:Even if he upgrades the med-bay how is he supposed to repair the O2?

I've never been in this situation, but I heard that a level 2 med-bay can out-heal suffocation, and with two non-mantis crew you should be able to heal to full, run to the oxygen room, repair it, and get back to the medbay before dying.

Never tested it, though.

Using 2 crew works. It's just a quick sprint to 02 and back. There's a narrow margin of error, though, like boarding an automated ship with lvl 2 teleporters.

Also...

In the Kestrel A, you can accomplish the repair using a tag team maneuver with three non-mantis/zoltan/rock crewmembers.

1. Send in the first guy.
2. Just before he arrives in the 02 room, send in the second guy.
3. As the second guy arrives in the 02 room, send the first guy back to the medbay and bring in the third guy.

I've done it lots of times; it's reliable. Even with one mantis, I think the tag team maneuver will still work.
HowarJK8

Postby HowarJK8 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:45 am

I just got this amusement so I'm still dreadful at it, however I just began a diversion where I lost my first battle (on Easy). Foe boat had an automaton that was simply beating me, breaking every one of my frameworks and beginning fires all over. Not by any means beyond any doubt how I should win that with the default ship.
dark33hawk

Postby dark33hawk » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:00 pm

You know this reminds me of a story a while back called "breathe". It's from Jakkar a few years ago and this story is almost a perfect resemblance to it. You should read it, it may provide some help with that.

Oh and the drone thing? Just shoot at the drone control. Ussally on easy the ships with drone rarely have enough firepower to get past your shields without the drones. (Which is being shot at by your laser)
I've grown Scales since I left. But now I'm soaring again. Off to save the Federation and have fun!