Is this AI behavior intentional?

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Number43

Is this AI behavior intentional?

Postby Number43 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:23 am

One time fighting the boss I hadn't yet killed any crew except some in the weapons rooms, and no other systems were damaged and all enemy crew were at full health, but when I damaged their medbay and caused a hull breach they never sent anyone to repair it, and just let it empty of oxygen and ignored it, making it easy to kill them all with boarders. Are they suppossed to never fix hull breaches in a broken medbay when they have plenty of spare crew?
zJack7331

Re: Is this AI behavior intentional?

Postby zJack7331 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:54 am

I think the Flagship's crew members are supposed to stay at their stations and repel boarders only, because if you kill all the crew, the ship's AI takes over.
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:59 pm

The flagship's crew always run around fixing things (including the medbay) for me.
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
UberFubarius

Postby UberFubarius » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:17 pm

I think that's definitely a glitch. In all my playthrough, ANY damage to the Medbay caused them to send crew to fix it.
Although I've never caused a breach in medbay before. The AI may have prioritize keeping their crew oxygenated versus fixing a destroyed medbay.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:11 am

As UberFubarius suggested, it was likely a case that the AI decided repairing an empty medbay with a breach was too risky an endeavour. It would definitely be guaranteed deaths. But given the boss excess crew count, it's a risk I suppose it should have taken. Not really a bug, but not ideal.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here