[MOD] Ghosts (v0.2)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Zalkida

Re: [MOD] Ghosts (v0.2)

Postby Zalkida » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:48 pm

melajo2021 wrote:I love how this mod breaks every other mod you have installed this is the most incompatible mod for FTL ever

Well, the ghosts make fire harmless and boarders harmless, what else do you need?
Zalkida Mirnath - Fear the Assassian
Moosicorn

Postby Moosicorn » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:55 pm

:D love this mod I just opened every door in the ship no O2 it was great, and it was funny when a regular human joined the crew. He was all alone in the only room with O2. sadly the O2 and the medbay both got hit and he suffocated :( because boarders already took down most of his health.
melajo2021

Postby melajo2021 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Zalkida wrote:
melajo2021 wrote:I love how this mod breaks every other mod you have installed this is the most incompatible mod for FTL ever

Well, the ghosts make fire harmless and boarders harmless, what else do you need?

I want to be able to be a pirate with awesome weapons from weaponanza while not worrying about the fleet on my back harassing me that's what else I need
Battleclad

Postby Battleclad » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:28 pm

It's certainly interesting, although it would be better if they were aided as Holograms. As an assisting (or sub-)race of Humans with say a 20% chance of any human being one. Starter crew could be modified so that any ship with more than one Human has one Hologram.
shark

Postby shark » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:59 pm

So, I open this mod since it's relevant to my need of making robots playable...

I go in to see how you reactivated ghosts... I see this

- the WHOLE blueprints.xml is being passed as blueprints.xml.append - son, you only append what you changed - in other words you would append every single ship because you changed their starting crew, not all the weapons and enemies and stuff.... this breaks compatibility. And you didn't really 'reactivate' shit :)

- there is no new crew. For some reasons humans are refactored, but everywhere else he just used crew="ghost" without defining them anywhere. So I presume they're hardcoded.

Code: Select all

<crewBlueprint name="ghost">
   <desc>Ghosts of the past crew.</desc>
   <cost>40</cost>
   <bp>2</bp>
   <title>Ghost</title>
   <short>Ghost</short>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <powerList>
      <power>Can survive with NO oxygen</power>
      <power>Maximum health is reduced</power>
   </powerList>
</crewBlueprint>

Try this, they might switch to using this desc. rarity 0 because you shouldn't be able to buy them. I don't see "ghosts" defined in animations.xml so I guess we still don't know all the proper ingredients to cook a crewmember.

However I see a practical use for ghosts - I'll make an event that might generate ghosts out of humans when they die.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.
Attackid

Postby Attackid » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:44 am

I completely agree with you shark, however I ran into some problems and so I had to use the whole blueprints file with .append

I could fix all these problems but just don't have the time.

Cheers
Superblues1

Postby Superblues1 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:19 pm

When i saw the title ghosts, i then came up with an idea that i suspect to be impossible to do. That idea is that when your normal humans die, they come back as ghosts lol. That would be cool but too good.