My experice with the game

General discussion about the game.
u1U999Cv205

My experice with the game

Postby u1U999Cv205 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:51 am

Hey, been playing this game for a almost a week and initially it was very fun. Later the game just pisses you off especially how random the game is.

Like somtimes if you get 'lucky' you get really far into the game and other times, you get wrecked after the first battle :D

Also, sometimes some battle are just so broken. I have no idea what to max early in the game because whatever I max, I always have this weakness which somehow the games know and tries to inflict as much damage on it as possible when I'm not even that far into the game, barely passing 900point mark! With the second ship you unlock with the lvl3 ion blaster and builtin drone I was getting owned with lvl3 shield, maxed out doors protection, 6 crew memebers against enemy who had an ion blaster, missles which ignore all shield and ship attacking drone.

After the next game I started, literraly my second jump resulted me near a star with an enemy ship with drones, shield ion blaster. I was like :? .... Best bet was to start another game.

The shear amount of luck you need to sucessed is just astonishing.
Agent_L

Re: My experice with the game

Postby Agent_L » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:49 pm

u1U999Cv205 wrote:I have no idea what to max early in the game because whatever I max, I always have this weakness

Well, maybe that's intentional? Balanced development instead of focusing on one and neglecting the rest?
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!
u1U999Cv205

Postby u1U999Cv205 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Agent_L wrote:
u1U999Cv205 wrote:I have no idea what to max early in the game because whatever I max, I always have this weakness

Well, maybe that's intentional? Balanced development instead of focusing on one and neglecting the rest?

so just finished playing the game with my hightest score yet, mere 2000. How I lost? Lost from one ship who brought me down from 99 working condition. This ship just kept on hitting those hull missles and teleporting its crew onto my ship with triple shield and defense drones on it. Impossible.
FDru

Postby FDru » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Yesterday I had one of those random boarding encounters at the 2nd jump. It was 6 Mantis against my 3 Zoltan. I died. Absolutely ridiculous.

But I like that the game kicks your ass sometimes. The only thing that consistently bothers me is the lack of ways to deal with missiles early game. Those things cause so much RNG death just because one can hit your weapons system then you just keep getting pummeled because that was your only hope to do anything about them.
Madhax

Postby Madhax » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:38 pm

FDru wrote:Yesterday I had one of those random boarding encounters at the 2nd jump. It was 6 Mantis against my 3 Zoltan. I died. Absolutely ridiculous.

But I like that the game kicks your ass sometimes. The only thing that consistently bothers me is the lack of ways to deal with missiles early game. Those things cause so much RNG death just because one can hit your weapons system then you just keep getting pummeled because that was your only hope to do anything about them.

If all you had were three Zoltan, you could have easily sent them all to the Medbay and decompressed the rest of the ship. Sure, the mantis would do some damage, but you'd kill all or most of them without losing any crew. How did six mantis get through your super shields, any way?

Early missiles can be a pain, though. Only certain ships are capable of avoiding them from the get-go.
Ashenai

Postby Ashenai » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:00 pm

u1U999Cv205 wrote:Also, sometimes some battle are just so broken. I have no idea what to max early in the game because whatever I max, I always have this weakness which somehow the games know and tries to inflict as much damage on it as possible when I'm not even that far into the game, barely passing 900point mark! With the second ship you unlock with the lvl3 ion blaster and builtin drone I was getting owned with lvl3 shield, maxed out doors protection, 6 crew memebers against enemy who had an ion blaster, missles which ignore all shield and ship attacking drone.

Uh... why do you think you have to "max" something early in the game? You shouldn't, because (as you've discovered), that'll lead to you getting owned by enemies who strike at your weak spot. Work on your weaknesses, not your strengths. Make sure you always have decent defenses against both lasers and missiles.

Also, if you really are up against an enemy you can't realistically beat, running away is always an option.
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Ashenai wrote:Also, if you really are up against an enemy you can't realistically beat, running away is always an option.

Exactly. "The one who runs away will live to fight another day."
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!
johnpaulroth

Postby johnpaulroth » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:53 pm

I like when things get really bad and you jump out of the sector into another sector that has an even worse scenario waiting for you. Crap, my ship is on fire and they're killing my d00ds! Let's jump out of here! Oh no! A pirate federation wants to ***EXPLODES***
I'm an aspiring author and avid gamer. Check out my blog here:
http://johnpaulroth.blogspot.com/
If you visit, please leave a comment. Thanks!
zJack7331

Postby zJack7331 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:58 pm

Madhax wrote:
FDru wrote:Yesterday I had one of those random boarding encounters at the 2nd jump. It was 6 Mantis against my 3 Zoltan. I died. Absolutely ridiculous.

If all you had were three Zoltan, you could have easily sent them all to the Medbay and decompressed the rest of the ship. Sure, the mantis would do some damage, but you'd kill all or most of them without losing any crew. How did six mantis get through your super shields, any way?

Early missiles can be a pain, though. Only certain ships are capable of avoiding them from the get-go.

"You don't know how the intruders got past your Zoltan shields!"
That's the answer to everything, when there's not a good reason to how they bypassed your shield.
Madhax

Postby Madhax » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:42 pm

zJack7331 wrote:
Madhax wrote:

"You don't know how the intruders got past your Zoltan shields!"
That's the answer to everything, when there's not a good reason to how they bypassed your shield.

Except that for six mantis to get through, your shields would need to be down. Random boarding events never send more than four guys over. Sure, the boarding mantis might be the reason why your shields were down, but surely the time it took to take off your shield would let you do some damage to the boarders. You shouldn't need to fight six full-health mantis straight up, ever.