Post your Highscore

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
samseng813

Re: Post your Highscore

Postby samseng813 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:27 am

This is madness ! The best "Most jump survive" I got is only around 90+.
Winning the game in NORMAL is common for me yet my highest score is only 4500 (Man Of War)

I jump to nebula as often as possible too. Did you mod the game?
ApSciMorgs

Postby ApSciMorgs » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:34 am

samseng813 wrote:This is madness ! The best "Most jump survive" I got is only around 90+.
Winning the game in NORMAL is common for me yet my highest score is only 4500 (Man Of War)

I can't speak for anybody else, but yes I did. I used the 'Disable Rebel Pursuit' mod. Because there's no way to OCD all over the game, otherwise. At least, without being murdered 5 times over by the meanie Rebels.
May the great and holy Random Number God shower upon you gifts of Weapon Pre-Igniters and Burst Laser MkIIs.
Killerko

Postby Killerko » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:12 pm

samseng813 wrote:This is madness ! The best "Most jump survive" I got is only around 90+.

I don't use any mods or cheats.. pure unmodified v1.01 (whats the point of comparing your score if you cheat?)
the trick is, as I watched a few streams that people are rushing too quickly through the sectors.. they jump
to the new sector as soon as they reach exit..
and you have to visit as many beacons as possible to get more scrap, more ships to destroy etc.

When I arrive at exit beacon the fleet is usually right behind me but if there are still 2-3 beacons in front of me that could be all visited (without fleet catching me, and keeping the exit still 1 jump away) I go for them, clear them all and then jump back at exit that is already consumed be the fleet and I have to fight the rebel fleet ship (or survive for jump). This way you will get the score 5k+, more scrap and better chance at final boss

other than that just fight as many ships as possible, even if you have the blue option to avoid the ship and reach the cache/station, dont, and pick the one to fight it.. this way you will get the scrap from the ship + the stuff from the cache.

Nebulas are not that great, you only get 1 or 2 jumps more at most than in normal sectors... and you can have nebula beacons in normal sectors as well which are worth visiting if they are not too much off your path.

BTW I do stream all my runs on twitch.. so if you want to see what I mean just find the user "KillerkoUK" and check some of my saved runs to see how I "farm" those sectors ;)
GoldenShadowGS

Postby GoldenShadowGS » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:13 pm

other than that just fight as many ships as possible, even if you have the blue option to avoid the ship and reach the cache/station, dont, and pick the one to fight it.. this way you will get the scrap from the ship + the stuff from the cache.

Not always. If you see it has heavy weaponry, like 3 missile tubes, I would avoid that fight unless I had a defense drone. You will spend more scrap in repairs and lose scrap instead of profiting. It depends on the situation.
GoldenShadowGS

Postby GoldenShadowGS » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:18 pm

My new stats
stats2.jpg
GoldenShadowGS

Postby GoldenShadowGS » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:22 pm

Killerko wrote:I was wondering how can you guys have such a low score and still win the game...

quite funny that my highest score is the non-win run :D as I didnt know how many times i can jump before the final boss can reach the base and then sudenly was game over >.>

How do you get such a high score when your highest scrap is 600 less than mine?
T-hawk

Postby T-hawk » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:44 pm

I win. 11035 high score, with the Zoltan B. See here for all the details:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNVmbfb6Wrg
Neoviper

Postby Neoviper » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:17 am

T-hawk wrote:I win. 11035 high score, with the Zoltan B. See here for all the details:

While not strictly "cheating", this certainly falls under the category of exploiting in my mind. The rebel fleet is supposed to be a deterrent to lingering in the sector, not an incentive to do so. Although this did occur to me as something potentially usable as a means to artificially inflate your score, it seems to me that it doesn't really get you anything for doing so. Nothing aside from lessening the feeling of achievement you get from a new high score off of a legitimate run.

Anyway, opinions on creative use of game mechanics aside, my best so far is roughly 5100 with the Kestrel A, I set it a while ago and haven't managed to beat it again.
SushaBrancaleone

Postby SushaBrancaleone » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:43 pm

Neoviper wrote:
T-hawk wrote:I win. 11035 high score, with the Zoltan B. See here for all the details:

While not strictly "cheating", this certainly falls under the category of exploiting in my mind. The rebel fleet is supposed to be a deterrent to lingering in the sector, not an incentive to do so. Although this did occur to me as something potentially usable as a means to artificially inflate your score, it seems to me that it doesn't really get you anything for doing so. Nothing aside from lessening the feeling of achievement you get from a new high score off of a legitimate run.

Anyway, opinions on creative use of game mechanics aside, my best so far is roughly 5100 with the Kestrel A, I set it a while ago and haven't managed to beat it again.

I found a thread somewhere about how score is figured.

apparently beating the boss does not award any points. What does is scrap. With this in mind you can mount 3 scrap recovery arms on one ship to increase your hs.

and i agree with neoviper about the xploit.
GDK

Postby GDK » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:20 am

Got 4335 With crystal B and 4035 with the shivan (but in easy so lower score).