How to get the Burn-Enemy Achievement?

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
VincentTH

How to get the Burn-Enemy Achievement?

Postby VincentTH » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Of the 3 required Achievements to get the ROck Cruiser Type B, I have already got the "missiles vs Def Drone" one.
Now the 2 remaining are the hidden sector (which I guess is the Crystal Homeworld) and the Burn Enemy achievement.

Since I am working on the HIdden sector one, I am looking to get the Kill-Burning=Enemy-on-their-ship achievement in my various restart attempt to get to the ROck homeworld. WIthout a Fire Beam, it is really impossible to do, because once the room hascaught fire, the enemy crew just run out to another room. If I use the LockDown feature, then I risk losing my Crystal Crew.

Anybody has any tip for me how how to get the achievement and unlock the Rock ship Type B?
dalolorn

Re: How to get the Burn-Enemy Achievement?

Postby dalolorn » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Lockdown bombs. True now, you can't exactly find them outside the hidden sector, but... once you get the crystal homeworld you'll have lockdown bombs.

Alternative options include: fry their entire ship, vent the rest to space, etc. If I recall, they prefer fire to vacuum. :twisted:
VincentTH

Postby VincentTH » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:26 pm

Thanks for the tip, but I have not got to the Rock HOmeworld yet :-)

I finally got it, using the lockdown feature, and a heal bomb to heal my Crystal man until the lockdown times out.
GoldenShadowGS

Postby GoldenShadowGS » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:37 pm

I got it using rockmen boarding and a fire beam. Just set the rooms on fire and send your rockmen to kill the ones trying to put the fires out. Easy. If they all run out, set fire to another room and do the same thing.
Kenshkrix

Postby Kenshkrix » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:41 am

Another way is to upgrade your blast doors and firebomb your own ship.
Zoso

Postby Zoso » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:52 am

The easiest way I can think of is to get the crystal crew member. This is made easier with the rock ship anyway. Just use the crystal guy in a boarding party and use his lockdown ability to trap an enemy crew member in a flaming room while you kill them. It's risky, but doable. I sacrificed the crystal guy but it was worth it to get the rock ship type b.
UglyMug

Postby UglyMug » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:08 am

Just have the rockmen guard the fire and let it spread. Soon they'll have nowhere to run and then you can get the achievement.
VincentTH

Postby VincentTH » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:36 am

Kenshkrix wrote:Another way is to upgrade your blast doors and firebomb your own ship.

The requirement is to burn the enemy on the enemy ship, not your own ship. :-)
xdiesp

Postby xdiesp » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:51 am

I made it by timing a fire beam when the guy my rockmen were beating had 10 health.
thereaverofdarkness

Postby thereaverofdarkness » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:02 am

I actually got this achievement on my own ship IIRC. They had boarded it and I used a fire bomb on the room with the boarding party and my rockmen. They didn't run away either because they were too busy fighting or because the doors held them in place, I'm not sure which. I don't think it was the doors though because I was flying the Shivan and I don't think I had purchased a door system yet.

Just try lighting fires on them while they're in combat. It also helps if they don't have a med bay. They're less likely to protect themselves by leaving a fight or repair job when they can't heal anyway, and if the fight takes place in a broken medbay, then they seem extra-determined to finish it!