[MOD] Ghosts (v0.2)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Attackid

[MOD] Ghosts (v0.2)

Postby Attackid » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Tired of the same old starting human crew? Well this mod is for you.
Ghosts appear in FTL as an AI race that currently cannot join your crew, which is something I thought should be changed.

Features:

- 50 health (can't be changed)
- 50% visible
- Can survive with NO oxygen

This mod has 2 versions

Version 1

http://www.mediafire.com/?55agaw5wp45fpgv

This version replaces all starting human crew on all ships with ghosts

Version 2

http://www.mediafire.com/?abuiktmh65avt85

This version replaces all starting human crew on all ships with ghosts
However you can enable this mod and still play as humans.

Use either one with Grognak's Mod Manager

How to play as humans:

Only works if you chose version 2.
Once you reselect a ship in the hanger the ghosts will turn back into humans. Just go back to the main menu(ESC) to turn them back into ghosts. So you can have this mod always enabled!

CHANGE LOG:
v0.2 - Small bug fixes

v0.1 - Initial release

Thanks DrPyromaticGuy & TheKillerNacho for the help

More updates to come :)
Last edited by Attackid on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
DrPyromaticGuy

Re: [MOD] Ghosts

Postby DrPyromaticGuy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:48 pm

When I played they only had 50 health, are 50% visible, can breath vacuum (hidden, not in crew status), but I were actually able to control them.
Interesting, never knew AI ships had a crew actually (which explains why not all systems repair the same).

Love the crew for not needing oxygen, but why 50 health?
Is 50 health vanilla?
Anything else I saw seems rather normal, they even fight against crew (which isn't so bad since you don't need oxygen at all).

This mod is pretty much a must-have mod, since it adds a "new" race without replacing one (reselecting ship->Humans) and the crew is very unique (no need for oxygen, come on, who doesn't want that?).
TheKillerNacho

Re: [MOD] Ghosts

Postby TheKillerNacho » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:09 pm

Cool mod! I'm going to check this out.
DrPyromaticGuy

Re: [MOD] Ghosts (v0.2)

Postby DrPyromaticGuy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:10 pm

Only bug I found is that the human description is the same as ghost description.
Iam not familiar with ftl modding but I think that this bug can't be fixed, but it isn't really that bad, just don't think that the shop sells you ghosts.

The crew somehow fells weak, since they can die from just a few lasers hits inside their room.
Enemy boarding drones are a nightmare, while on a pure ghost ship regular enemy crew is very easy to deal with (with doors they are trapped).

It's a lot of fun to play with those ghosts, beginners shouldn't have a lot of problems since fire and oxygen are pretty much gone with such a crew now (only sucks if you get other crew members).
TheKillerNacho

Postby TheKillerNacho » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:14 pm

I opened the code and noticed you replaced the human tooltips with the ghost tooltips. Can't you just add another section for ghosts and leave the human tooltips as-is?

Unless it is hard-coded for Ghosts to use the Human tooltip?
Attackid

Postby Attackid » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:20 am

TheKillerNacho wrote:I opened the code and noticed you replaced the human tooltips with the ghost tooltips. Can't you just add another section for ghosts and leave the human tooltips as-is?

Unless it is hard-coded for Ghosts to use the Human tooltip?

I thought about that, but people might want to still play as humans. Maybe i'll just offer 2 versions up for download. One to completely replace starting crew with ghosts and another that lets you play as humans if you reselect a ship
Zalkida

Postby Zalkida » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:25 am

Umm... I just played as the Kestral A and saw that the ghosts had 100 health. I opened the doors and they all died... I went back into the crew tab and it said that they were supposed to be ghosts. Just thought I'd let you know. Great idea using the AI crew though.
Zalkida Mirnath - Fear the Assassian
UberFubarius

Postby UberFubarius » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Hm... I would imagine ghosts to be more resilient to damage, being ghost and all.
So...

500 HP?
1/4 damage
1/2 repair speed
1/2 movement speed
Immune to suffocation damage (their soul is bound to the ship, if the ship dies, they disappear).
1/2 damage from fire.

Hard to kill, but also pretty useless at doing anything, but pretty much make you ship invulnerable to boarding?
Might also make interesting boarder. Can tank a lot of damage from just about any source so they're good at keeping the enemy crew occupied.
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:31 am

UberFubarius wrote:Hm... I would imagine ghosts to be more resilient to damage, being ghost and all.
So...

500 HP?
1/4 damage
1/2 repair speed
1/2 movement speed
Immune to suffocation damage (their soul is bound to the ship, if the ship dies, they disappear).
1/2 damage from fire.

Hard to kill, but also pretty useless at doing anything, but pretty much make you ship invulnerable to boarding?
Might also make interesting boarder. Can tank a lot of damage from just about any source so they're good at keeping the enemy crew occupied.

None of this can actually be changed. The ghost race is just an unimplemented piece of code in the XML that can be 'activated' (as it were).
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
melajo2021

Postby melajo2021 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:44 am

I love how this mod breaks every other mod you have installed this is the most incompatible mod for FTL ever