Suggestion: FTL!

General discussion about the game.
chanman

Re: Suggestion: FTL!

Postby chanman » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:16 am

One thing I'm wondering about is how boarding is going to impact play from the Onlive preview - all of the beta videos since the teleporter has been implemented seem to show boarding as a fairly frequent occurance
Gimboid

Postby Gimboid » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:39 pm

maddog750 wrote:Am I the only one that just wants them to finish the game their way? I like it the way that it is! :D

This is the biggest thing I've thought since I saw the forums go live. I played the online beta through about 50 times, I love the gameplay video's they've been posting and I think they are doing a great job with just their own designs and ideas.

I'm worried that people and their 'great ideas' could harm the game I'm in love with already :)

Which is why, even as someone who works in the games industry and even have some idea's of my own, this is my first post on here and I'm leaving these guys to it :)
CanadianWolvie

Postby CanadianWolvie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:46 pm

You fine folks weren't alone, if you go back to some of the very first posts in this forum, they were basicly this suggestion and IIRC, myself among them.

Just a few more days till Beta and this place is going to blow up, I can hardly wait to see all mischief my fellow gamers get up to while I wait for the full release :D
soratidus999

Postby soratidus999 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:14 am

We have this huge plasma screen at school that gets a video feed over the network... It's tempting to play FTL on it
Lestibournes

Postby Lestibournes » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:44 am

The more I watch videos of the game the more I want to play it as it is. It's not that I don't want the suggestions to be implemented, only that I also want to experience the original vision as well as the development versions to know what the game is like in each state.