Humble bundle has two games FTL fans might like. 3 days left

General discussion about the game.
Kestral B

Humble bundle has two games FTL fans might like. 3 days left

Postby Kestral B » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:03 pm

If you posted: "FTL is awesome, but I want an open galaxy to explore."
You might like: Space Pirates and Zombies

If you posted: "FTL is awesome, but I want to fight with multiple ships in big fleet battles."
You might like: Gratuitous Space Battles

Both are in the current humble indie bundle...available for 3 more days. :)
Honelith

Re: Humble bundle has two games FTL fans might like. 3 days

Postby Honelith » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:18 pm

I can confirm both S.P.A.Z. and Gratuitous Space Battles are brilliant games. :D

As is Flotilla and AI War: Fleet Command if you're looking for some alternatives too. ;)
Zauron

Postby Zauron » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:02 am

Any of those run decently on a netbook?
Taron Millet
Game Director & Programmer for Crazy Viking Studios
iLegacy

Postby iLegacy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:31 am

thx for the tip! bought it but will firts play FTL until forever and then go to the other ones :D
White Elk

Postby White Elk » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:41 am

i've yet to buy a Humble Indie Bundle. But because i so much dig FTL, the OP has skewed my thinking. i almost went for it but money is an object. And thanks to GOG.com i have a large backlog of Great games yet played. So i'm actually passing on this but nearly pulled the trigger on it. i just wanted to say that i like FTL so much that i nearly did something stupid (for me, in my fiscal situation) ;~p

otay, back to FTL...

(i can't explain all of why i love this game as much as i do, but i do.. so back to it)
Kaerius

Postby Kaerius » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:59 am

I haven't played GSB but SPAZ is pretty fun for a while, it loses its appeal fairly quickly though, but should be good for 10+ hours fun.
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:28 pm

White Elk wrote:i've yet to buy a Humble Indie Bundle. But because i so much dig FTL, the OP has skewed my thinking. i almost went for it but money is an object.
How anyone can say "money is an object" when referring to a Humble Bundle completely stumps me. You do know you can pay whatever you like, right? As low as $1?
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
Baby Fark McGee-zax

Postby Baby Fark McGee-zax » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:27 am

I haven't loaded up SPAZ yet but GSB is very very cool.

Like FTL on steroids. Not that the two really can compare. :)

My first real go at Torchlight too.

Humble Indie Bundle FTW!
White Elk

Postby White Elk » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:00 am

alextfish wrote:
White Elk wrote:i've yet to buy a Humble Indie Bundle. But because i so much dig FTL, the OP has skewed my thinking. i almost went for it but money is an object.
How anyone can say "money is an object" when referring to a Humble Bundle completely stumps me. You do know you can pay whatever you like, right? As low as $1?
Yeah, that's ok for some people, but if i can't pay a reasonable amount then i'll pass. And for this bundle, one needs pay a minimum in order to get the games the OP recommends. It's just not for me to pay so little, even though i have so little. Hehe though i've no problem seeking sliding scale dentistry and doctoring. :)
Kestral B

Postby Kestral B » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:23 am

I bet FTL will be in a Humble bundle someday.

Prediction: It will be humble bundle 23, in late 2016. FTL will have had lots of updates plus a full expansion pack by then, but it's appearance in bundle 23 will be strategically timed to garner even more interest in FTL 2, also to be released in 2016. :)