[HARD-CODED] FTL: Hyperspace

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
TheSwiftTiger

Re: [HARD-CODED] FTL: Hyperspace

Postby TheSwiftTiger » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:39 pm

Fireclaw27 wrote:
TheSwiftTiger wrote:
Fireclaw27 wrote:Is it possible to get this to work for a mac?

The Linux (Manual) installation process should also work for Mac.

I did attempt that proccess, but I have a FTL.app file, not an FTLGame.exe one, so the flips.exe would not apply the patch.

Downloading FTL through WINE from Steam, GOG Galaxy, Epic or Origin should give you the FTLGame.exe. If you're still having problems, contact me on Discord: TheSwiftTiger#7324.
kestrelfan

Postby kestrelfan » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:53 pm

Hey, so I have a question related to hyperspace, do I have to uninstall hyperspace to run mods normally? Or does hyperspace not effect the normal loading of functions of mods.

Thanks in advance for replies, i have no idea how any of this works, so apologies if I get anything wrong.
Dont Call it a comeback, I've been here for years

I just surf the forums for new mods and nostalgia at this point, that's about it
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:13 pm

All conventional FTL mods work with hyperspace. Hyperspace adds basically nothing content wise on its own, all it functions as is a modding API. Make sure you do however patch hyperspace.ftl along with any other regular mods to prevent the bug where the game cant find the hyperspace.xml file.
TheSwiftTiger

Postby TheSwiftTiger » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:46 pm

Update 0.4

This update DOES NOT make the mod work on the latest version of FTL. You will have to downgrade to version 1.6.9 - the instructions for that are in the main post.

Changelog

Code: Select all

- Custom crew changes
    > Crew can now have custom powers (like Crystal Lockdown, but with much more customization)!
        • This is done through the <powerEffect> tag
        • They can also have temporary buffs through the <temporaryEffect> tag
    > Added <canSabotage> tag for damaging systems
    > Added <sabotageSpeedMultiplier> tag
    > Added <repairSounds> tag
    > Added <bonusPower> tag (functions the same as <providesPower> but allows you to set the amount of power the crew gives)
    > Added <animBase> tag for rock animations
    > Fixed bugs with crew turning into enemies when saving/quitting
    > Fixed bug where enemy custom crew didn't have a red outline
    > Fixed bug where <friendlyFire> in <deathEffect> did nothing

- Custom event changes
    > Events with custom beacon labels can now have custom tooltips
    > Added <noQuestText> tag which means the event does not say that a quest has been added
    > Added <removeHazards> tag
    > Added <removeNebula> tag

- Custom Augment changes
    > Added hidden augments
        • Customizable per ship
        • These cannot be removed or added, and do not take up a slot
    > Added locked augments
        • These cannot be sold/swapped for different augments once equipped
    > Augment box now expands with text amount instead of being massive by default

- Custom boss changes
    > Changed <bossCrew> tag from an earlier update to be in <boss> instead
    > Can now customize the drones that the boss uses for its phase 2 drone surge
        • Customizable for each difficulty
    > Fixed bug where boss crew were not saved when saving/quitting

- Custom store
    > Can now customise the drone(s) that buying a drone system gives you
    > Stores are now seeded

- Added value tag for FTL_JUMPER_GOOD (0 meaning calculate based on the number of jumps that it takes to get to the beacon, anything higher means use that much for a non-adjacent beacon)
- Added DELETECREW command
- Added SPEED command (can be toggled on and off with the ` key)
- Level 3 and 4 sensors now work against the flagship

Download link is on the main post
TheSwiftTiger

Postby TheSwiftTiger » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:27 pm

Nemo Jr. wrote:Hello, does Hyperspace allow using crew member names as a requirement in event choices? If not, would you consider adding this feature?

I just asked the same question in the questions thread (for vanilla FTL modding) but you seem to be the right person for the job, considering:

> Allowed events to check cargo for the "req" attribute

No, not in the current version. I'll look into adding this feature but it might be too difficult to do for a small feature.

You could work around it by making an identical race where the only name available for it is "John", but then the req would still work if the name's changed.
TheSwiftTiger

Postby TheSwiftTiger » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:40 pm

Update 0.4.1

This update DOES NOT make the mod work on the latest version of FTL. You will have to downgrade to version 1.6.9 - the instructions for that are in the main post.

Changelog

- Added useForReqs attribute for custom augments
- Fixed power health changes not working for negative health
- (Probably) fixed double exit beacon generation bug

Download link is on the main post
chicagojoon

Postby chicagojoon » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:02 pm

Can anyone help me downgrade FTL to 1.6.9 on a mac / steam?

Trying to play the multiverse mod and as far as I understand, I need to downgrade to 1.6.9 to install hyperspace "properly." Has anyone successfully done this on a mac, running ftl from steam? I checked the forum and attempted the steam console downgrade method but no luck so far...
Engi-nious

Postby Engi-nious » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:08 am

So I come back after a few months absence and discover that pretty much everything I wanted to see in Hyperspace is there now, + some things I didn't know I needed until I saw them (locked/hidden augments!!!).

Outstanding job, huge congrats to the team. Had some questions about the actual mod (which will hopefully be a pleasant change from "how do I downgrade?")

- Does the Hyperspace team have, like, a list of the default vanilla stats that could be made public? Seeing as pretty much all the vanilla crew can be remade using Hyperspace now, it would be handy (for making new "races" that appear in game to be just variants of existing ones...)
- Does "damageTakenMultiplier" affect only crew combat, or all forms of damage?
- I don't understand the "skills" tag. Is this how much of something a race needs to do to master it? These are, again, values that would be awesome to see the vanilla values for.
- Same for "hasCustomDeathAnimation"? Doesn't every race have a custom death animation?
- What does "win" (for a crew power) do? Does it just win the game? :lol:
- Are the various "effectAnim" values hardcoded, or are they references to another xml file?
- For custom augments - I can use any augments name in the "function name" tag, and it will mimic it?
- What's "preferHigher"?

Thanks for your time!
- Engi-nious
This (hyper)space intentionally left blank.
TheSwiftTiger

Postby TheSwiftTiger » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:36 pm

Engi-nious wrote:- Does the Hyperspace team have, like, a list of the default vanilla stats that could be made public? Seeing as pretty much all the vanilla crew can be remade using Hyperspace now, it would be handy (for making new "races" that appear in game to be just variants of existing ones...)

No, although I should probably make them at some point.

Engi-nious wrote:- Does "damageTakenMultiplier" affect only crew combat, or all forms of damage?

Only crew combat. For all forms of damage, you can use <allDamageTakenMultiplier>

Engi-nious wrote:- I don't understand the "skills" tag. Is this how much of something a race needs to do to master it? These are, again, values that would be awesome to see the vanilla values for.

It is how much of something a race needs to do for 1 level, so it would need to do it 2x the value to master (yellow skill) it.

Engi-nious wrote:- Same for "hasCustomDeathAnimation"? Doesn't every race have a custom death animation?

I honestly don't remember what it actually does but I thought I needed it for the Zoltan death animation. It doesn't appear to need it though.

Engi-nious wrote:- What does "win" (for a crew power) do? Does it just win the game? :lol:

Yeah, it literally just wins the game. I made it as a joke but people actually wanted me to leave it in because it could be useful in stuff like infinite mode, so I kept it.

Engi-nious wrote:- Are the various "effectAnim" values hardcoded, or are they references to another xml file?

You can make new animations in animationx.xml.

Engi-nious wrote:- For custom augments - I can use any augments name in the "function name" tag, and it will mimic it?

Yep, and you can have different values for them too which won't modify the original one.

Engi-nious wrote:- What's "preferHigher"?

So let's say you have a custom augment and an augment that it mimics. If the <stackable> tag is set to false for either, it will normally use the highest value of the two.
However, if you have preferHigher as false, it will use the lower of the 2 values.
Engi-nious

Postby Engi-nious » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:28 am

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. DamageTaken could actually be really cool for custom races, if that's the case - super durable in combat, but weak to other forms of damage.

One last thing I was wondering - can custom races have genders, and if so, how? Even if it uses the same sprite sheets as the default humans, I wouldn't mind.
This (hyper)space intentionally left blank.