[Enemies] Assorted Enemies v0.5.2 (Snail Leader added)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
RogueSquadron

[Enemies] Assorted Enemies v0.5.2 (Snail Leader added)

Postby RogueSquadron » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:58 pm

Assorted Enemies adds (currently only one) new enemy and boss to ITB.

List of New Enemies

Snail
Variants: Normal, Alpha, Leader
Stats (Normal/Alpha/Leader)
Health: 2/4/5
Move: 2/2/2
Damage: 1/3/5
Ability: When a snail is killed on a valid ground tile, it spawns a slug of the same variant. Slugs have identical stats to their respective snail variant, except they only have 1 health.
Notes:
  • A snail does not receive vanilla psion bonuses because it is a minor enemy, whereas a slug will receive them. I feel that this is thematically appropriate, and it prevents snails from becoming too strong when combined with a psion, since they are already a more challenging enemy.
  • If a snail dies during the enemy move phase (ie. steps on a mine), the slug that spawns will still be able to move and attack that turn. I haven't found a reliable way to prevent this yet.
  • To earn the reputation for defeating the snail boss, you must kill its slug form.

Download
Get the latest version of Assorted Enemies here.
Get kartoFlane's modloader here if you haven't already (version 2.4.0 or newer is recommended).

Credits
Thanks to Lemonymous for creating the trait library, and to KnightMiner for creating the sprite library. Also thanks to the folks on the ITB discord server for general modding help.

Changelog

Code: Select all

v0.5.2
- Added the snail leader, with its respective mission
- Added config options to enable/disable snails and the snail leader independently, as well as an option to enable/disable bosses from this mod spawning on the final island
- FIxed the eye colors on some of the portraits
v0.5.1.3
- Switched from the FURL sprite loader to KnightMiner's sprite library. No actual content was changed in this update.
v0.5.1.2
- Fixed slug death animation overlapping
v0.5.1.1
- Snail (and slug) attacks can now hit mountains but still cannot hit tiles behind them
v0.5.1
- Added portraits for all enemies currently included
- Darkened death animation for slugs
- Changed some sounds for the snails and slugs
v0.5.0
- Initial release
Last edited by RogueSquadron on Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:51 am, edited 7 times in total.
Everglass

Re: [Enemies] Assorted Enemies v0.5.0

Postby Everglass » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:55 pm

This is awesome. I love me some snails.
Bepoest

Re: [Enemies] Assorted Enemies v0.5.1.2

Postby Bepoest » Sat May 09, 2020 12:52 pm

This seems to work perfectly fine in 1.2, and the snail is a very nicely made addition!
RogueSquadron

Re: [Enemies] Assorted Enemies v0.5.1.2

Postby RogueSquadron » Sun May 17, 2020 4:42 am

Bepoest wrote:This seems to work perfectly fine in 1.2, and the snail is a very nicely made addition!

Thanks! That is good to hear, I didn't have a chance to check for a while.
RogueSquadron

Re: [Enemies] Assorted Enemies v0.5.2 (Snail Leader added)

Postby RogueSquadron » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:57 am

This mod has been updated to 0.5.2, and it is definitely compatible with Into the Breach version 1.2.