Master Mod List - Advanced Edition

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ThePersonFromSteam

Re: Master Mod List - Advanced Edition

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:18 am

Can you please remove this https://www.subsetgames.com/forum/viewt ... 11&t=30774

As it's not my best work and it's outdated.

Code: Select all

Okayish Modder, and a terrible splicer; but i did throw my share in Project Coal, and helped in Multiverse.
GoodGuy

Postby GoodGuy » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:51 pm

Are there any modders still on this game? I have a idea for one but do not have the knowledge/ability to do it. I would appreciate help. :)
Engi-nious

Postby Engi-nious » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:06 am

GoodGuy wrote:Are there any modders still on this game? I have a idea for one but do not have the knowledge/ability to do it. I would appreciate help. :)

I do a bit of modding in free time, but don't currently have a way to distribute my .ftl files. I don't really do commissions, but would be interested to hear your idea?
This (hyper)space intentionally left blank.
GoodGuy

Postby GoodGuy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:17 pm

My idea was for an OP mod based on the Federation A. Since the artillery use one system slot, I wanted a mod that gave you an extra system slot. For balance, it would not allow you to have teleportation. The ship would be a pure gunship, and as such it would allow up to 16 power bars in weapons and 5 more in reactor power. The starting point would be the same as the Fed-A, you could just build it up more with some lucky RNG. The name of the ship would be Optimus Prime. ;) ;) The class would be the Federation Experimental - Fed-X.
Engi-nious

Postby Engi-nious » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:05 am

GoodGuy wrote:My idea was for an OP mod based on the Federation A. Since the artillery use one system slot, I wanted a mod that gave you an extra system slot. For balance, it would not allow you to have teleportation. The ship would be a pure gunship, and as such it would allow up to 16 power bars in weapons and 5 more in reactor power. The starting point would be the same as the Fed-A, you could just build it up more with some lucky RNG. The name of the ship would be Optimus Prime. ;) ;) The class would be the Federation Experimental - Fed-X.

I don't have too much experience with custom ships, but this does sound fairly challenging to make - I am not sure you can add an extra system slot to the total. Certainly an interesting idea, though.
This (hyper)space intentionally left blank.
GoodGuy

Postby GoodGuy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:53 am

I noticed that the boss Rebel has it weapons in four separate rooms, but they apparently do not count as separate systems. Is it possible to mod a ship with four rooms for weapons where crew can enter or leave that counts as one system? What would artillery do?

Thank you.
fdagpigj

Postby fdagpigj » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:44 am

GoodGuy wrote:I noticed that the boss Rebel has it weapons in four separate rooms, but they apparently do not count as separate systems. Is it possible to mod a ship with four rooms for weapons where crew can enter or leave that counts as one system? What would artillery do?

The boss has 4 artillery systems and 0 weapons systems. A single system can never occupy more than one room.
GoodGuy

Postby GoodGuy » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:52 pm

If each room is a different system then the 1st boss has 12 systems. I believe the second has that many as well. A nice mod would be to replace the teleporter on the Fed A with a weapon system with a basic laser that would allow upgrading to 4 power and replace the BL 2 with 2 basic lasers and max the weapon slots to 2. You would have a gunship that would potentially have 16 power to weapons but could not use teleport. You would have to increase the system limit to 12 or 13 to compensate.
birjesh

Postby birjesh » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:37 pm

My thought was for an OP mod dependent on the Federation A. Since the gunnery utilizes one framework space, I needed a mod that gave you an additional framework opening. For balance, it would not permit you to have teleportation. The boat would be an unadulterated gunship, and all things considered, it would permit up to 16 force bars in weapons and 5 more in reactor power. The beginning stage would be equivalent to the Fed-A, you could simply develop it more with some fortunate RNG. The name of the boat would be Optimus Prime. The class would be the Federation Experimental.
apposl

Postby apposl » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:28 pm

Any possibility of my new ship mod making the list? Rocinante and crew from The Expanse: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36033