[Weapon Mini-Pack] Winter Weapon Wonderland v1.1

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
maymoToTheBone

[Weapon Mini-Pack] Winter Weapon Wonderland v1.1

Postby maymoToTheBone » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:08 pm

Allow me to present my first mod: Winter Weapon Wonderland!

This mod contains 5 new winter/Christmas themed weapons: 2 different lasers from Vanilla with Christmas lights strung on, a turkey bomb,
a snowball cannon, and a Red Ryder BB gun from A Christmas Story.

Download v1.1 here

Update v1.1 12/20/19: Weapons now appear on enemy ships

All weapons have custom art, though I used Vanilla art as a base for some of them.

The Christmas lasers have increased chances of fire, breach, and stun, along with a slightly longer cooldown.

The turkey bomb stuns crew(by putting them into a turkey coma) and damages systems without using a missile.

The snowball cannon deals no hull damage, but damages systems and crew.

The Red Ryder pierces 2 shields and deals 2 damage with a small chance of shooting crew members' eyes out, which stuns them.

Of course let me know if you have any suggestions or see any bugs, and I hope you enjoy the mod!
Last edited by maymoToTheBone on Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
BrenTenkage

Re: [Weapon Mini-Pack] Winter Weapon Wonderland

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:46 pm

so these are in shops or there a ship where some are armedo n them, just wondering

I'd love to use this with the other christmas mods (Gencools overhaul and Style's christmas ships) for my lets plays
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:23 pm

Is there a download link for this mod?
maymoToTheBone

Postby maymoToTheBone » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:01 am

Jumbocarrot0 wrote:Is there a download link for this mod?

I can't believe I forgot that! Thanks for pointing it out, I edited the op.

BrenTenkage wrote:so these are in shops or there a ship where some are armedo n them, just wondering

The weapons do appear in shops, and I made most of them pretty common since there are so few of them. I haven't learned how to put them on enemy ships, but I hope to do that soon.
Engi-nious

Postby Engi-nious » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:36 am

maymoToTheBone wrote:
Jumbocarrot0 wrote:Is there a download link for this mod?

I can't believe I forgot that! Thanks for pointing it out, I edited the op.

BrenTenkage wrote:so these are in shops or there a ship where some are armedo n them, just wondering

The weapons do appear in shops, and I made most of them pretty common since there are so few of them. I haven't learned how to put them on enemy ships, but I hope to do that soon.

You need to add them to the appropriate blueprintList at the top of the autoBlueprints.xml file. So if you want rebel ships to use them, you'd add them to "WEAPONS_REBEL".
The cool thing about this is that you can distinguish between different enemy types - perhaps engi don't use turkey bombs because they don't eat, for example. (Side Note: Do we actually know for sure if engi do/don't eat? lol)
To my knowledge they should automatically scale with difficulty - I believe the game simply increases the system power for weapons as you traverse each sector, and then chooses weapons that fit within that limit, so as you progress stronger weapons should start showing up. (Don't quote me on this bit though, I haven't messed around with it too much.)

You will also (I think?) need to edit dlcBlueprintsOverwrite.xml for them to work in advanced edition. And the Lanius ships have their blueprintList in dlcBlueprints.xml, unlike the other races.
This (hyper)space intentionally left blank.
maymoToTheBone

Re: [Weapon Mini-Pack] Winter Weapon Wonderland v1.1

Postby maymoToTheBone » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:54 am

Engi-nious wrote:You will also (I think?) need to edit dlcBlueprintsOverwrite.xml for them to work in advanced edition. And the Lanius ships have their blueprintList in dlcBlueprints.xml, unlike the other races.

Thank you so much! I only knew about autoBluprints.xml, so I was wondering why my weapons weren't showing up(I always keep AE enabled). Good idea to not let Engi use the turkey since they don't eat(I don't actually know if they eat or not either, but it makes sense that they wouldn't so I'll go with it). Coincidentally, I was already planning on doing that because they don't use many bombs. I guess that just makes it extra perfect!
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:50 am

great mod, love the weapons, maybe next year you add more, like a gattling gun, or ornament bombs, etc, my favorite is the turkey bomb
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
maymoToTheBone

Postby maymoToTheBone » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:10 am

Thank you, I'm glad you like it!