Questions here: an inquiry thread! [Updated Sep 15th, 2014]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Kiloku

Re: Questions here: an inquiry thread! [Updated Sep 15th, 2014]

Postby Kiloku » Thu May 02, 2019 6:05 pm

Thanks a lot, Woona, that worked perfectly!
Kiloku

Postby Kiloku » Sat May 04, 2019 3:52 pm

Sorry for double posting, but it is a new question.

I see that the vanilla dlcEventsOverwrite.xml has an OVERRIDE_ITEMS event list. However, I can't find anywhere that calls this event list. There are no references to this event list anywhere else in the XMLs.

When do these events happen in game?
Woona

Postby Woona » Sat May 04, 2019 4:11 pm

Kiloku wrote:Sorry for double posting, but it is a new question.

I see that the vanilla dlcEventsOverwrite.xml has an OVERRIDE_ITEMS event list. However, I can't find anywhere that calls this event list. There are no references to this event list anywhere else in the XMLs.

When do these events happen in game?

there is a list called "ITEMS". OVERRIDE_ITEMS is a version for AE. So, I think that if you add an event to list ITEMS, it will be used when you disable AE content. But if you add an event to OVERRIDE_ITEMS, it will be used when you enable AE content. I could be wrong though.
Kiloku

Postby Kiloku » Sun May 05, 2019 3:38 pm

I need help again. I added this event to my mod. It's a modified version of FUEL_FOR_DRONES from SleeperService's CE. The first <choice> tag is the one I'm having trouble with. When I find this event, it doesn't load BP_RANDOM_WEAPON (which is another event I added, and it works fine when called by every other event I tested). The fuel is removed, but there's no "Continue..." and the augment that BP_RANDOM_WEAPON was supposed to give does not appear.

I've looked at other events that work in a similar way, I've ran it through SMM's validator, I've read FTL-log.txt and modman-log.txt, and I could find nothing wrong.

Code: Select all

<event name ="FUEL_FOR_BLUEPRINT">
   <text>You arrive in the sector and are greeted by a science vessel waiting by the beacon. They hail you, "We find ourselves low on fuel and have a proposition. DEBUG THIS IS FUEL_FOR_BLUEPRINT"</text>
   <ship load="C_CIVILIAN_TRANSPORT" hostile="false"/>
   <choice>
      <text>Accept the offer.</text>
      <event>
         <item_modify>
            <item type="fuel" min="-4" max="-2"/>
         </item_modify>
         <choice>
            <text>Continue...</text>
            <event load="BP_RANDOM_WEAPON"/>
         </choice>
      </event>
   </choice>
   <choice req="AE_SCIENCE" hidden="true">
      <text>(On-board Science Lab) Offer to share data instead.</text>
      <event>
         <text>The scientists are thrilled. You discuss your latest findings and get an insight into their research as well. Their fuel shortage is almost forgotten during the exchange of ideas and they event insist that you take some drone parts with you for free.</text>
         <item_modify>
            <item type="drones" min="1" max ="3"/>
         </item_modify>
      </event>
   </choice>
   <choice>
      <text>Reject their offer.</text>
      <event/>
   </choice>
   <choice>
      <text>Seize their supplies by force.</text>
      <event>
         <text>You are about to commit an act of piracy. This might disturb your crew.</text>
         <choice hidden="true">
            <text>Go through with this and see how the crew reacts.</text>
            <event load="C_PIRACY_RESULTS"/>
         </choice>
         <choice hidden="true">
            <text>Change your mind and leave the civilians alone.</text>
            <event/>
         </choice>
         <choice req="AE_REQUISITION" hidden="true">
            <text>(Requisition License) This operation is legal. We are doing this for the good of the mission and the entire Federation.</text>
            <event>
               <text>The scientist double checks your license. "Is this really necessary? How are we supposed to get out of here without something to trade?" You explain that this is not your problem and proceed to confiscating their drone parts.</text>
               <item_modify>
                  <item type="drones" min="1" max ="3"/>
               </item_modify>
            </event>
         </choice>
         <choice req="ROCK_ARMOR" hidden="true">
            <text>(Rock Ship) You command a vessel of the brutal Rock people. Your crew knew that they were not signing on for a moral joyride here.</text>
            <event load="CE_PIRACY_ATTACK_ROCK"/>
         </choice>
         <choice req="CREW_STIMS" hidden="true">
            <text>(Mantis Ship) You command a vessel of the most vicious creatures in the galaxy. Your crew should expect things like this.</text>
            <event load="CE_PIRACY_ATTACK_MANTIS"/>
         </choice>
         <choice req="SLUG_GEL" hidden="true">
            <text>(Slug Ship) You command a vessel of the sly and treacherous Slugs. Your crew knew this mission wouldn't be that clean.</text>
            <event load="CE_PIRACY_ATTACK_SLUG"/>
         </choice>
      </event>
   </choice>
</event>

Woona

Postby Woona » Sun May 05, 2019 5:12 pm

Kiloku wrote:I need help again.

I think that every <event> with <choice> needs a <text>, too.

<event name ="FUEL_FOR_BLUEPRINT">
   <text>You arrive in the sector and are greeted by a science vessel waiting by the beacon. They hail you, "We find ourselves low on fuel and have a proposition. DEBUG THIS IS FUEL_FOR_BLUEPRINT"</text>
   <ship load="C_CIVILIAN_TRANSPORT" hostile="false"/>
   <choice>
      <text>Accept the offer.</text>
      <event>
         <text id="INSERT_TEXT_HERE"/>
         <item_modify>
            <item type="fuel" min="-4" max="-2"/>
         </item_modify>
         <choice>
            <text>Continue...</text>
            <event load="BP_RANDOM_WEAPON"/>
         </choice>
      </event>
   </choice>
mrcoffeecups

Postby mrcoffeecups » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:08 pm

Im very new to modding, and am manly doing some ship building, but im kinda stuck im using superluminal 2 to make enemy ships, but I can't findout how to get them into the game, i use slipstreams modmanger, do the normal thing you do with all mods, put it in the mod folder then run the program etc, but they never show up, so i don't know if i need to make events for,them to show up or what. any advise would be helpful, thank you for reading
Woona

Postby Woona » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:23 pm

mrcoffeecups wrote:Im very new to modding, and am manly doing some ship building, but im kinda stuck im using superluminal 2 to make enemy ships, but I can't findout how to get them into the game, i use slipstreams modmanger, do the normal thing you do with all mods, put it in the mod folder then run the program etc, but they never show up, so i don't know if i need to make events for,them to show up or what. any advise would be helpful, thank you for reading

You need to add new enemy ships to blueprintList located in dlcBlueprintsOverwrite.xml

Go to your mod folder, locate dlcBlueprintsOverwrite.xml.append, and add code like that there. Replace the name of the list, and ship names with yours.

<mod:findName type="blueprintList" name="OVERRIDE_SHIPS_AUTO">
   <mod-append:name>MY_SHIP_0</mod-append:name>
   <mod-append:name>MY_SHIP_1</mod-append:name>
</mod:findName>
mrcoffeecups

Postby mrcoffeecups » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:13 pm

Thank you very much!, also you did a wonderful job with vicious vessels loved the hull art
sjblack2014

Postby sjblack2014 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:19 am

Is there a mod that puts extra crewmembers that you get (above 8) into the cargo hold, and make them sellable? I'd like to play with the 8 crew limit but I hate to see extra crew that you get through events wasted.
maymoToTheBone

Postby maymoToTheBone » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:20 am

I'm new to modding, and I'm trying to make a weapon that can pop shield bubbles to allow other projectiles through, but doesn't do any hull damage. Is this possible? I have tried setting the normal damage to 0.5, as well as setting normal damage to 0 with system damage at 1, but neither of these worked. Is there another tag/set of values I can use to accomplish this? Thanks in advance.