[Squad] Freezing Inferno

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
limelier

Re: [Squad] Freezing Inferno

Postby limelier » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:27 am

This squad is incredible. Nice art, slick color scheme, and absurdly fun, puzzling gameplay that makes them extremely potent, but hard to use. The sheer amount of options I have to consider every turn makes my head hurt.

Bravo. Thank you for this. It's the perfect end-game squad, at least in my opinion.
tosx

Postby tosx » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:05 pm

Did a 4-island hard run with this squad, they were a ton of fun! I did pseudo-cheat by having Bethany as my time traveler in the Dual Mech, running with impunity through scads of fire. Shields are somewhat broken with this squad :lol:

Only bug I noticed was using Flash Freeze on a immovable burrower; when mousing over it, it looks like it will move the burrower, but then when you try it, nothing happens other than it creates a frost tile where the burrower would have ended up. So functionally it's pretty much fine, just a bit misleading.
Robert Scythe

Postby Robert Scythe » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:47 am

Hey, Neozoid, another well thought out cool creation you've come up with here. Finished a 4 Isle Hard run and had a crazy time! I avoided Mafan/Bethany and even Ariadne to experience a clean version of their limits. I tried out Archibald Alms, from Deluge's Pilot Pack, in the Frostfire but when I used his ability he got jumped on and screwed immediately, same as last time I used him. Didn't help that he ejected onto a fire tile. So I used an AI through over 2 full islands before getting a replacement, however it allowed me more freedom to over-extend with the mech and let it die 3 times! Loved the Dual Mech and put most of the cores into it though I eventually sold off the Flash Freeze for the Frost Beam at the end but only used it once during the entire Volcano. I also had an issue with the Flash Freeze, aside from the Burrower bug that tosx mentioned: When freezing and pushing an enemy to the end of the board containing a water tile, the tile creates a frozen tile underneath leaving it on the tile instead of falling; yet any attack (even a non-damaging one) will break the freeze and drop it into the water. Very strange. Had a great and puzzling time winning with them, however, great job again Neozoid.
neozoid

Postby neozoid » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:03 am

Finally updated the mod to be immune to shield exploits! Firing a self-freezing weapon with a shield (Spitfire's shot, Dual Mech's Flash Freeze) will now pop the shield and set the user on fire. Bethany now provides a small benefit while not being game-breaking, and Mafan has been rendered completely and totally useless. Hallelujah!
Robert Scythe

Postby Robert Scythe » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:53 am

Will the particular weapons describe this effect or are you changing the interaction of freeze and shields for the whole game?
neozoid

Postby neozoid » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:38 pm

Just this squad.
tuviejaentango

Postby tuviejaentango » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:54 am

the palette is just beatiful, thank you
narD

Postby narD » Sat May 30, 2020 6:38 am

Compartany

Postby Compartany » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:42 pm

092420 version:
1. Coolent does not work. I checked dual1.lua and found that the option was not added to the upgrade at all.
2. There is a syntax error in weapons.lua 27 line.