[Squad] Disposal Mechs v1.1.3 (NOT updated for ITB 1.2)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
Lemonymous

[Squad] Disposal Mechs v1.1.3 (NOT updated for ITB 1.2)

Postby Lemonymous » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:43 pm

Warning:
This mod has not been updated for ITB 1.2. For bug free experience, use with ITB 1.1 - otherwise use at your own risk.

See here for an updated version of this mod.

Originally made by Detritus as waste disposal mechs. Now repurposed to fight the Vek.

Image Image Image

Disposal Mechs 1.1.3 - requires mod loader version 2.3.0 or higher.
Mod Loader (originally made by Cyberboy2000 and continued by kartoFlane)
Special thanks to kartoFlane for modApiExt and assistance when creating the mod.

Old versions
1.0.4, 1.0.2, 1.0.0

Code: Select all

1.1.3 - fixed a bug sometimes causing CTD when Stacker threw a unit in the water (thanks to neo for making me aware).
1.1.2 - updated all my mods with correct modApiExt versioning. If you encounter bugs, update all your mods.
1.1.1 - modApiExt compatibility with other mods not using it's latest commits.
Fixed a CTD bug with Fork Lift.
Changed Dozer's attack.
Removed amphibious.
Renaming some weapons.
Option to add weapons to the store.

1.0.4 - Added some optional Dozer attacks/upgrades for testing purposes.
1.0.2 - Fixed bug where projectile velocity could be permanently set to Dozer's charge speed.
1.0.1 - Fixed bug where crushing unit could be incorrectly coated in acid. (thanks ijocks)
1.0.0 - Initial release.
Last edited by Lemonymous on Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.
neozoid

Re: [Squad] Disposal Mechs

Postby neozoid » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:16 pm

Hot damn, the art for this squad is fantastic!
Lemonymous

Re: [Squad] Disposal Mechs

Postby Lemonymous » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:17 pm

Thank you Neo! That means a lot to me :D
Robert Scythe

Re: [Squad] Disposal Mechs v1.1.3

Postby Robert Scythe » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:10 am

Hey, another fun crew here, though a very slow opening considering that 2 of the mechs deal no initial damage. Kaz is ideal for the Dozer (or 2 of the modded pilots, Binah or Harry Southwood) until it acquires an alternate weapon, though I chose not to use him for a clean evaluation. I managed to get a perfect island on the first but that is probably partly due to going to Detritus first which helped soaking veks in A.C.I.D. for the Dissolver to get a jump on its damage potential. I even found Southwood to put in the Dozer! Not sure if the +2 range upgrade is that useful for the Dozer Blades, I only utilized the 1 core +1 range and never felt that I needed to invest another into it. I know that you were using the Swap's formula for range increase but just did not feel that +2 or 3 was necessary, though I am not sure what other upgrade would be (or if it needs another) but the price seems proper. The other mech's weapon's upgrades were all spot on and useful, I got them all. I only did a 3 island hard run (again, for lack of time/sleep) with only the 3rd isle not being perfect and almost got screwed in the final stand when I ended up losing 6 Power Grid but pulled out the victory anyway! I agree on the spritework being excellent and, yet again, enjoyed your time and effort Lemonymous!
tosx

Postby tosx » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:19 pm

Wanted to say I (finally) played these guys this past weekend. Did a 4-island hard run with Bots/Bugs (and, if I recall, Hi-Tech Weapons).

They were a lot of fun! They're almost cripplingly short-ranged in the early game, and I went for move upgrades for everyone as soon as I could. I also started on Detritus hoping it would ease things for the Dissolver, although I'm not sure it did too often. While the squad as a whole works great, Stacker was probably my favorite. It was similar but much more fun than the Judo Mech (although the push does make it work nicely different, since it's harder to throw melee units around and have them attack/be attacked by other melee Vek).

I really enjoyed how the throw is their only non-melee move to start but requires 'ammo', leading to a few fun combos where the Dozer had to push units into the Stacker's range to then throw and disrupt something no one could reach. Occasionally I also had to push the Stacker itself, to get it within range of something far away from the squad.

The Dozer's mass-reposition with little bump damage was fun in a lot of the same ways the Portal Mech is. Did make me favor water maps (though not much more than usual).

Really nice work overall! Feel very close to the official squads in terms of balance and polish. And the sprites/colors are fantastic.

---

As an aside: despite using your code for this squad a lot for reference, I somwhow never scrutinized Crush, so I hadn't realized how closely one of my own squad's upgrades (Force Mech's new version of Crush) resembles it. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it does have me thinking that if I can find another effect I like better, I may change mine to keep them more distinct.
TheAddar

Postby TheAddar » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:24 pm

Favourite squad. The Dozer Mech seems like such a crucial unit for the ITB mechanics - seemed shocking to only see it in a mod (so - great catch!). Also, as mentioned - the art is phenomenal. Thank you for releasing this and for all your hard work, L.!
Lemonymous

Postby Lemonymous » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:36 am

Thank you for enjoying it :D
narD

Re: [Squad] Disposal Mechs v1.1.3 (NOT updated for ITB 1.2)

Postby narD » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:41 am

Short play clip : https://youtu.be/LRNeR_67lzU

30K, Default Weapons Only : https://youtu.be/96vAY5g6gsk