[Pilots] Deluge's Pilot Pack

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
DelugeRS

[Pilots] Deluge's Pilot Pack

Postby DelugeRS » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:31 pm

My intention with this mod is to provide more variety to the gameplay through new available pilots. Mod adds currently 2 new pilots to the base game, each with unique skill, dialogue and art.

First, let's start with a malevolent research AI.

Cal is mainly a support pilot, in spite of his personality of a violent, human-hating sentient AI. A.C.I.D. Discharge spills adjacent tiles with A.C.I.D. on repair. He doesn't leak A.C.I.D. Coolant voluntarily however, as the damage he sustained during a building collapsing on him left his body with amny ruptures and holes, through which A.C.I.D. flows sometimes. Nonetheless this provides many tactical benefits.

His efforts to 'help' in the war are merely a byproduct of his twisted desires to know more about the Vek and, to quote him, to cause unneccessary pain and suffering. But don't worry! Cal is 100% under your control when you put him in a mech.

Next up we have the founder of Archive, Inc. and a grizzled war veteran.

Archibald Alms is a utility pilot. His Mech-Suit ability provides him a second chance, as he can eject from his mech and fight on his own. This is possible thanks to the blessing and a curse he received, his Revenant Unit. These repurposed AI bodies are utilized as vessels to carry one's consciousness even post mortem. Archie's suit is an outdated military model, coming with an integrated Auto Cannon, which does one damage without push to a range of maximum 2 tiles. But be wary, as Archibald is still very frail, having only 1 HP and not having 'Massive' trait.

Please, let me know if you encounter any bugs or oddities! Big thanks to Lemonymous, who provided all of the coding. I can't express my thankfulness!

You can download this mod here.
To run the mod, you will need the brilliant mod loader.
Sean

Re: [Pilots] Deluge's Pilot Pack

Postby Sean » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:28 am

Hi! I tried mods of ItB first yesterday.
I've extracted 3 squads to mods folder and they all worked well,but Deluge's Pilot can't.
I checked mod content and didn't see it.
Does someone know how to deal with it?
I really like this game and want to play new pilots so much.
Thank you!
DelugeRS

Postby DelugeRS » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:12 pm

Personally, I had a similar problem and the solution that worked for me lies in correct placement of the downloaded folder. Once you extract the .zip file, open it and inside there will be a folder named the same as the previous one. Extract this folder into the mods directory and the mod should work fine. In case it doesn't, feel free to contact me again.

correct placement as follows.

not

I hope this is at least a bit helpful!
Sean

Postby Sean » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:31 am

DelugeRS wrote:Personally, I had a similar problem and the solution that worked for me lies in correct placement of the downloaded folder. Once you extract the .zip file, open it and inside there will be a folder named the same as the previous one. Extract this folder into the mods directory and the mod should work fine. In case it doesn't, feel free to contact me again.

correct placement as follows.

not

I hope this is at least a bit helpful!

Thank you! I've checked this before.
I've done this and didn't work. :(
DelugeRS

Postby DelugeRS » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:37 pm

Hmm... Another attempt that I think of would be to reinstall the game or to verify the game files in steam.

if this doesn't work, add me on Discord, Deluge#5443, so we may discuss this more effectively, please.
Sean

Postby Sean » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:12 am

I've done as you said.
It seems OK. Thank you so much!
Your mod is cool!

DelugeRS

Postby DelugeRS » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:29 pm

I'm very glad that worked! Enjoy the pilots!
Robert Scythe

Postby Robert Scythe » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:39 am

Ok, I love having more options for pilots but something just came up that screwed me a bit. I keep trying Archibald Alms because I like the idea of his ability. He has jumped into a fire tile twice so I have to be very careful when letting him do his thing, however, this time I let the mech block a spawn with its last hitpoint and Archi jumped out, great. As soon as the next turn was about to start he moved one tile on his own and proceeded to damage a building knocking my grid down one. I was able to control him afterwards and had him move and do an action but that was truly annoying. Thanks for your creative work but I hope this oddity (bug?) can be fixed.