[MOD] Ship Customizer

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
sul

Re: [MOD] Ship Customizer

Postby sul » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:35 pm

stargateprovider wrote:
sul wrote:
Dragon of Shadows wrote:are you planning on updating this mod?

i dont know, regarding the items the mod has pretty much everything you can get from the game. But if there are suggestions or requests on other aspects why not. One thing that could be improved is the design for the enemy ship that shows up when opening the menu. Maybe make it look like an interface, then switch the background to a ship hangar or something. But thats a lot of work I dont really have time for, much harder than just changing the code. Another thing I always wanted to figure out is how to downgrade ships (for example reset systems, remove some weapons,etc), it would have opened so much possibility for modding but dont know if the devs ever put that feature.

You can remove items since 1.6 with <remove name="BLUEPRINT_NAME"/>, but I think the item must be equipped and not in the cargo if you want to check for it. Additionally, you can remove all equipped weapons/drones by forcing (not offering any alternative event choices) the player to reinstall the system with <system name="systemBlueprintName"/>.

Wow, thats amazing, thanks a lot ! Well I may look into it some time then, it could be really nice to have those extra features.
Someone

Postby Someone » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:33 pm

Awesome mod. Will there be any Arsenal+ support though?
sul

Postby sul » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:32 pm

Someone wrote:Awesome mod. Will there be any Arsenal+ support though?

Check it out, I just added it ! The listing is a little messy there are so much items but pretty much everything is there. Also did some minor tweaks to get mod compatible with new version of FTL 1.6.
Someone

Postby Someone » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:56 pm

sul wrote:

Check it out, I just added it ! The listing is a little messy there are so much items but pretty much everything is there. Also did some minor tweaks to get mod compatible with new version of FTL 1.6.

Thanks! The 10th option in the main menu is broken, but wow. This really puts in perspective the massive amount of weapons and weapon variations Arsenal has compared to say, CE
sul

Postby sul » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:11 pm

Someone wrote:
sul wrote:

Thanks! The 10th option in the main menu is broken, but wow. This reallly puts in perspective the massive amount of weapons and weapon variations Arsenal has compared to say, CE

Glad you like it. 10th option is just empty, nothing broken. I forgot to mention, when you have Arsenal installed you will style find some weapons/drones under the Captain Edition section in the Menu. Usually that would be the standard version of a weapon, then in Arsenal list you will find its variants. I will make that nicer eventually.
Someone

Postby Someone » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:17 pm

sul wrote:
Someone wrote:
sul wrote:Check it out, I just added it ! The listing is a little messy there are so much items but pretty much everything is there. Also did some minor tweaks to get mod compatible with new version of FTL 1.6.

Thanks! The 10th option in the main menu is broken, but wow. This reallly puts in perspective the massive amount of weapons and weapon variations Arsenal has compared to say, CE

Glad you like it. 10th option is just empty, nothing broken. I forgot to mention, when you have Arsenal installed you will style find some weapons/drones under the Captain Edition section in the Menu. Usually that would be the standard version of a weapon, then in Arsenal list you will find its variants. I will make that nicer eventually.

Yeah, I see, but as it turns out whenever gaining resources the game freezes up for 5 seconds, and when I try to jump it crashes the game, I'm going to see if I can find a workaround though.

edit : I tried again and it didn't do any of what happened last time. Might've been the fact I scrolled through a lot, or had some weapon or drone that was intended solely for enemy use.
sul

Postby sul » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:00 am

Someone wrote:
sul wrote:
Someone wrote:

Yeah, I see, but as it turns out whenever gaining resources the game freezes up for 5 seconds, and when I try to jump it crashes the game, I'm going to see if I can find a workaround though.

edit : I tried again and it didn't do any of what happened last time. Might've been the fact I scrolled through a lot, or had some weapon or drone that was intended solely for enemy use.

Just to let you know, I sorted the listing on Arsenal+ content. Also made major improvements such as a Ship Customizer hull and a Ship Tester.
Prophet

Postby Prophet » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:37 am

Hello. I am having a problem running this mod with FTL Captain's edition. When I wait with no fuel after the beacon that starts the game and gives me the ship customizer augment, I do not get the option to customize my ship. Instead, It shows the normal event that one gets when they reach an empty beacon in FTL Captain's edition. Is there a way that this can be fixed?
sul

Postby sul » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:21 am

Prophet wrote:Hello. I am having a problem running this mod with FTL Captain's edition. When I wait with no fuel after the beacon that starts the game and gives me the ship customizer augment, I do not get the option to customize my ship. Instead, It shows the normal event that one gets when they reach an empty beacon in FTL Captain's edition. Is there a way that this can be fixed?

Can you make sure you installed the Ship Customizer mod last ? It is supposed to redirect to the regular no fuel event. Otherwise i will check indeed.
sul

Postby sul » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:18 pm

Prophet wrote:Hello. I am having a problem running this mod with FTL Captain's edition. When I wait with no fuel after the beacon that starts the game and gives me the ship customizer augment, I do not get the option to customize my ship. Instead, It shows the normal event that one gets when they reach an empty beacon in FTL Captain's edition. Is there a way that this can be fixed?

I stand corrected, there was a mistake ! It has been solved in the new updated version.