Graphical Gltches on Linux

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
isla

Re: Graphical Gltches on Linux

Postby isla » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:06 pm

shadowcrust wrote:I've just upgraded from 1.5.13 to 1.6.7 on Linux and the ship explosion animations and the bomb animations are still not working properly. It looks like in the video Blue_Tree supplied.

Could you try a fresh install and let us know if that makes any difference?
shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:34 pm

I've now deleted the FTL directory containing the profile under ~.local/share/FasterThanLight, but the missing animations still persist after starting the game - teleporting crew and bombs is now instantaneous instead of beaming gradually over. For example, it's not possible to see the enemy bomb materialising in a room with crew and quickly stepping into another room, as the little time frame from materialising to exploding is gone (as the explosion itself is gone). Also, I've just seen that Engi Med Bots are not working on an Engi ship equipped with medbay.
shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:28 pm

I've now extracted the .tar.gz file once more into another directory, and lo and behold, it works properly now! Thank you for your help - but sucks for my super 39 victories win streak :-p
shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:04 pm

Finished the run after some interruptions, and noticed two peculiarities:

1) I saved and quit during the flagship fight and when I resumed the game, the hacked missiles room was still locked, but wouldn't open if I removed all power from hacking. On the screen, it was indicated that the beam room was hacked instead - but still, enemy crew had to break open the door to the missile room to enter. I think I've seen this before, so it may not be a new bug.

2) It was the first game of the new profile, but when I came to the stats page, three ships were listed in the top ships, only won with a victory sign. However, the stats showed 1 victory in 1 game played. Since I stress-tested the game by just closing the window two times during play (this would sometimes delete the profile in previous versions), I think the two phantom ships on the stats page were generated when I just closed the game window. I think this is a new bug, I haven't noticed it in previous versions.