[Suggestion] Perfect Island Grid Reward should be +3 Defense

General discussion about the game.
granpachook

[Suggestion] Perfect Island Grid Reward should be +3 Defense

Postby granpachook » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:33 pm

As it stands there is never any reason, ever, to take +2 Grid Defense. You can always take the pilot, then if you don't need the pilot, you can sell him/her for +2 Rep and get 2 grid defense (if that's what you want).

If the rewards were random item, random pilot, +3 grid defense, then you would actually have a choice there, because if you took the pilot and ended up not needing him or anything else in the store, then you would have lost out on the +1 grid defense.
5thHorseman

Re: [Suggestion] Perfect Island Grid Reward should be +3 Defense

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:30 am

I don't think I'd ever take it if it was +5 grid defense and the pilot was Karlsson.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
wwarnick

Postby wwarnick » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:07 pm

I agree with this suggestion. There's never a reason to take the energy.
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:19 am

Even if the energy reward was 4, I would take the pilot. More rep = more power cores = better stuff = less power loss.
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
Treamayne

Postby Treamayne » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:45 am

4n4rch1st wrote:Even if the energy reward was 4, I would take the pilot. More rep = more power cores = better stuff = less power loss.

But with a reward above 2, it can be situational.

For example, if you go into the choice with 6 rep, nabbing a pilot will only get you 2 more. But you need 9 for another core, not 8. Two cores plus three Grid Defense is better than 2+2. Now the player would have to weigh the gamble:
- Do I hope there is a weapon I can use, and risk getting less defense if there isn't; or do I go for defense because "More defense = less power loss" when RNG hands out the "can't prevent everything" situations.

Maybe it's no choice for you,but I think the average player would have some compelling decisions. Especially in 4 island runs.
V/R

Treamayne
Casual42

Postby Casual42 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:08 am

I agree with OP's suggestion.
Right now +2 DEF is never worth it (except when running for the Lucky Start achievement).
+3 DEF would make the choice much more interesting. I would take it if I was down to 1 or 2 Grid, as I'd be pretty sure to buy at least 2 Grid anyway. I would take it if I had 5 Grid or less and I was going to the Hive next, since Core worth depends on the number of missions you get to use them.