[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Jumbocarrot0

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:26 am

JakeCollins wrote:
Jumbocarrot0 wrote:The name is Mutare. Change means Mutatio in latin.

Weird, I did it through Google Translate in the 1st place.

I know this thread has died, and I didn't do much to stop it. It seemed like people were losing interest anyways, (Bren) and I am swamped with work. I'm making my own videogame and am now running a small gamedev team consisting of friends from my school. Management keeps you busy! That being said, perhaps we could revive this, with new people taking over old characters or old characters returning.

I am absolutely on board with reviving this RP, there are still a lot of mysteries left. And in your defence the word Mutare does mean change, but translating change into latin gives mutatio, same meaning just weird. So potato, potatio I guess. Also good luck with the gamedev team!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:52 pm

I'd probably rejoin the revival... and reign in the crazy stuff a little bit.
Because I like this RP. Time passes and things get done over the course of the travel rather than everything happening on the first day or two.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:57 am

I'd be down for a revival. I think after that break everyone's had it would be easier to continue.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:55 am

Ok, cool. I won't be able to post super frequently because I'm tied down managing my gamedev team. But I'd try to make a habit out of one check (and post, if applicable) per night or 2 nights.

MISSING CHARACTERS:
ChickenGames (Kyrie)
Bren (Bren)

Is everyone else accounted for? Or am I missing someone? (It's been a while)

PLOT POINTS:
I want everyone to make a list of their main plot points before we continue. This will help us remember everything going on in the story of importance, and help us keep track in the future.

MY LIST OF PLOT POINTS: (Everyone add to this!)
-Anti Black Hole Induction Mission (We are on our way to a rebel fleet/facility in the abandoned sector, to stop the development of further Black Hole Induction)
-Jake's Father (Jake's father is working as an undercover operative in the rebel facility. He's gone dark, possibly dead. We haven't mentioned this in a while.
-The Silence (A demonic force that seethes "underneath" the universe, in "lower dimensional" space. Any conscious entity that looks into the silence directly is driven mad)

INTERESTING THIS I NOTICED ABOUT THIS RP:
-This RP is massive. Biggest RP on the FTL Forums!
-One thing that's incredible is how complex the story is. Not one goal, but many goal. Every character seems to have their own mysteries and agendas.
-The story is so expansive, it's like we're building onto the FTL Universe. Someone should make a "Rogue Cadets" mod and add it into the game! That would be so cool!

See you soon!
-Wesley
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:27 am

JakeCollins wrote:MISSING CHARACTERS:
ChickenGames (Kyrie)
Bren (Bren)

Is everyone else accounted for? Or am I missing someone? (It's been a while)
No. NEmergix (nicholas) (that french guy) has not responded yet. Also you missed this:
Chickengames wrote:I'd be down for a revival. I think after that break everyone's had it would be easier to continue.
So remove Chickengames from the list.

Also, Bren had 3 side characters, Ruwen the crystalman, Gorlag the slug, and ex-slaver of Brean & Kira, and Grom the rockman with a zoltan fetish who is madly in love with Bren. I said I would take over these characters but I'm fine with someone else wanting to do some of the characters.

Sediment's Plot Points
  • Ex-Financial Minister of Promethium government (One day he learnt about the government's propagandic regime and attempted to stop this by spreading the word. No one believed him and the government is hunting him down.)
  • Bounty (Has a big bounty on his head placed by his government. Preferably dead.)
  • Wants to end the rockman's propagandist regime

Kira's Plot Points
  • Pshycic (By doing the ceremony she can predict the future and can know about a person's past. She can't read minds.)
  • Know's everyones secrects, pasts and futures who has served in the Rogue Union (This does not include Xernia. This ranges from the man Eden talked to, whether the Rogue Union will succeed in their mission, Lux's grief and Jake's crush on Sarah. This is why she won't step foot into the Mutare and she is very responsible with this knowledge.)
  • Bren's long lost sister (were seperated from slavery)
  • Trusted Bren with a letter to give to Jake (will tell Jake about one or more important event/s in the future)

JakeCollins wrote:Someone should make a "Rogue Cadets" mod and add it into the game! That would be so cool!

I have thought of doing that. And:
  1. All the ships in the RP should replace type A ships so they can have unique unlock events.
  2. The ships' graphics would be very easy. Stylesrj made a hull, The Robin is just a form of the Kestral, The Scarab is base off this ship mod, and the Mutare is only described as Sleek and Futuristic in the original post, so for all we know it could be a fancy Kestral.
  3. I would imagine it like Gencool's tardis mod, a small conversion mod based around the ships.
Last edited by Jumbocarrot0 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4n4rch1st

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN] The Rogue Cadets

Postby 4n4rch1st » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:24 am

stylesrj wrote:
"But where are the Space Whale decorations?"

Jokes aside, I'll probably join (and try not to go overboard on the events again like in a certain RP...).

Xernia's Plot Points
  • Maybe has a past with the Mutare (Future? What's the term for the history of something from the future? And I know that I could just use history, but I've already written this soo...)
  • Is immune to Kira's mind reading powers
  • Has also seen/heard the Silence (but hasn't gone insane. Hold on... if Xernia is immune to Kira's powers and is 'immune' to the Silence... Coincidence? I don't know, just throwing out some plot ideas)
  • Is connected to the unknown engi

Unknown Engi's Plot Points
  • Has corrupted memory which is slowly restoring
  • Also has connection with Mutare
  • Has connection with Kira (when she was named Ferra) and Xernia

I've also just realised the nacelles on the Pelican are unaligned, though that sorta does fit thematically.
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
Whiskey

Postby Whiskey » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:48 am

I haven't been part of this RP but it does look interesting but I haven't read all the pages and wonder if I joined would it be ok to be Irl confused?
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:11 am

MIA Characters
Bren
Ruwen
Gorlag
Grom

JumboCarrot I like your enthusiasm but we should probably divide these characters up. You take Ruwen and Gorlag. I'll take Bren.

Whiskey wrote:I haven't been part of this RP but it does look interesting but I haven't read all the pages and wonder if I joined would it be ok to be Irl confused?

Well, we're rebooting it. Would you like to take on the persona of one or two of these characters? Perhaps Grom?

As far as plot, let's work through all this character stuff before we cross that bridge...
Whiskey

Postby Whiskey » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:15 am

Question. Is Grom an already made character or would I make who he would be?
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:31 am

Whiskey wrote:Question. Is Grom an already made character or would I make who he would be?

Already made by a person who left. You don't have to take him.