[Suggestion] It should be possible to pull/push and shield time pods

Discuss problems and suggestions related to the Into the Breach here.
Artea

[Suggestion] It should be possible to pull/push and shield time pods

Postby Artea » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:57 am

Playing with the defense much, I noticed that you can't use the Attraction Pulse to pull a time pod to safety, nor can you use the Shield Projector to erect a protective shield around it. This seems like a weird oversight considering how many other options the game gives you, like letting you recover the time pod at the end of a mission if it was left untouched.

This suggestion doesn't just apply to the defense mech's ability, but any other mech ability that involves pushing, pulling and shielding.
stylesrj

Re: [Suggestion] It should be possible to pull/push and shield time pods

Postby stylesrj » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:41 pm

I'd like to think the pod slammed so hard into the ground that you can't just easily shift it with any old attack.
That and being able to move the pod would cause new tactical problems where others might not want them. Because the Vek will not deliberately trample a pod; that tile is essentially a no stopping zone. As long as you don't push an alive Vek on it or get it hit by any attack, it should be fine and left alone.
Treamayne

Re: [Suggestion] It should be possible to pull/push and shield time pods

Postby Treamayne » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:48 am

Most Vek attacks won't even affect the pod anyway (e.g. firefly shots go right over it), only a mech attack or mech action moving a vek onto the time pod can destroy it.

Found out when I realized it was a bit more difficult than expected to get the Chronophobia achievement (Finish 3 Corporate Islands and destroy every Time Pod discovered).
V/R

Treamayne