Help getting sprite sheets

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding.
vennopnev

Help getting sprite sheets

Postby vennopnev » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:19 pm

Hey I want to make some custom sprites for this game but I cant find out how to get the sprite sheets of the original sprites. (so I can figure out the ratio and the general style of the sprites)
mr_easy_money

Re: Help getting sprite sheets

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:42 pm

From the pinned thread entitled, "Modding ITB: R&D And Current Findings" @ viewtopic.php?f=26&t=32771
ITB uses the same .dat format as FTL (at least up to now during the beta, I doubt that'll change on launch). This means you can use tools like the good old FTL unpacker to unpack ITBs data and assets. Just tell it where ITBs .dat file is (look for it in ITBs steam folder) and it'll unpack it for you, no questions asked.

so use that linked unpacker (viewtopic.php?t=2788) to unpack the resource.dat found in the 'resources' folder in wherever Into the Breach is installed. the unpacked resource.dat should have all the images used by the game in there... it looks like the unit spritesheets are in img/units.
stickthemantis

Postby stickthemantis » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:23 pm

Into the Breach uses the same .dat format as FTL, so the FTL Unpacker still works: https://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2788
I'm Cyberboy2000, known as a modder and community leader of Invisible Inc.
I'm using this old account because I've been unable to get any verification email for a new account. Help with changing my name would be appreciated.
vennopnev

Postby vennopnev » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:46 pm

stickthemantis wrote:Into the Breach uses the same .dat format as FTL, so the FTL Unpacker still works: https://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2788

thank you
inventex

Postby inventex » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:33 am

If you want to make custom sprites i've got a lot of the current mechs disassembled to make kitbashes.
I mainly use them to get a general idea of my mech then change a few things to make it a little more custom.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=32895
vennopnev

Postby vennopnev » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:19 am

inventex wrote:If you want to make custom sprites i've got a lot of the current mechs disassembled to make kitbashes.
I mainly use them to get a general idea of my mech then change a few things to make it a little more custom.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=32895

These are really helpful thank you