Not enough squads?

General discussion about the game.
Scarlite

Not enough squads?

Postby Scarlite » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:45 pm

Hello! I playied Into The Breach for some hours and I already unlocked more than half the avaible squads. I found really easy to unlock them, compared to FTL...
So will the next updates add new squads? Will we have mod editors for creating squads?
Sleeper Service

Re: Not enough squads?

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:06 pm

There already is a function to randomize squads/create custom squads from the the existing mechs, I felt like it has little playable content too at first, but being able to mix the mechs any way you like really adds a lot of possibilities. I did an all prime run yesterday, I've seen people making three ice artillery work. You can do challenge runs with three science classes. Nowadays, it feels like there are more starting laodouts available than in FTL. I spent like 60 hours in the alpha and now I feel like I haven't even explored a fraction of what weird things you can pull off with random and custom squads.
Arnust

Re: Not enough squads?

Postby Arnust » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:50 pm

Well, there is something besides the existing squads, random and Custom... But anyway, I'd say there are enough, but not too many for the game to maybe get the Advanced Edition treatment someday. The slightly irking increase in repetitiveness isn't due to the squads, anyway.