[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
JakeCollins

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby JakeCollins » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:52 am

Jake was glad to see the others were happy to see him, as they introduced him to some new friends. He greeted everyone with great pleasure. Suddenly, Jake spotted some odd movement in the corner of his eye. He turned and saw that a stream of text had flooded a nearby wall-embedded screen. Upon further examination, Jake saw the screen was labeled "STATION COMPUTER LOG". Under the heading, new, scrolling text was rapidly being generated. This was the motion that caught Jake's eye. He could barely read the text as it was scrolling so fast.

This sent chills down Jake's spine, but before he could say anything, the screen changed.

"No no no no no!" Jake shouted, sprinting off down the hallway. He ran to the docking port where the Mature was and looked through the small airlock window. He saw empty space, and the aft-airlock doors of the Mature slowly floating away into the distance. It had been forcefully released from docking. He ran to the other airlocks, to find that the Pelican and the Scarab were also floating away.

"Who the hell jettisoned my fleet into space???" Jake shouted down the hallway back to the others. Suddenly, the station's bright white lights turned to emergency-red. A warped and demented sounding voice came from above. "I did."

Jake recognized the voice. It was the Standard Federation Vocal Computer Interface... the same computer voice on every Federation ship. However, this voice had been warped and twisted into a deeper, creepier form. "Primary error thrown. Error code 0xx0"

"What the hell does that mean?" Jake shrieked.

"Primary error thrown. Error code 0xx0."

"There is no such error!" Jake shouted. "Computer, explain error code 0xx0."

"It is the end of all things. It is the depths. It is the dark. It is the silence."

EDIT:
I can view these images perfectly fine, and I guess others like Bren can too?
But for those who can not view, here is a non-embedd link.

IMAGE ONE:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mOW-W1A9UW7IxYEDkz8yWmXnczhTMZlZ/view?usp=sharing

IMAGE TWO:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kfsswyb6xEF536K1nFvW-vxvwOPUowcx/view?usp=sharing

Both links are made by me and perfectly safe :D
I have no idea why some people can't see them directly... As I said, I can see them perfectly fine.

Last edited by JakeCollins on Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:14 am

Images are not loaded
Sediment looked at the airlocks to see not ships. "Oh shit." The demonic voice got on the comms, this sent chills down Sed's rocky spine. "Depths, darkness, silence? What does this mean?" Then he thought back to the station he hid at with Tranquil the now dead zoltan. Terror grew on his face. "Is it just me or does that perfectly describe a black hole? We got to contact them somehow, Bren and Eden are still on their ships."
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:49 am

Bren who was asleep realized something was wrong...how...THE DAMN ALARMS

"WHO UNLOCKED US!?" he cried out trying to get everything back under control
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:32 am

The warnings reached Xernia. "Crap!" She pulled out her pistol, which looked suspiciously like the guns from the Mature, and shot the nearest guard dead.

"Kyrie, tell everyone in the Rouge Union to get on-board the Swallow, NOW!"
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:22 pm

Lux glanced at the displays when Jake started running quickly. She too then started running only to see that the Pelican was drifting away outside of the airlock's structural weaknesses.

Eden saw what was happening on the console as her crew secured the canister. "Luxanna, if you're not aware, the station AI has blown the docking clamps... I'm getting you out of there now!" she explained, punching the "Return" button on the teleporter. The onboard sensors located Lux's signature and beamed her out of the station just as she approached the windows.

"Thank the gods for the designers wanting a view of the stars while their station drifted..." Eden remarked.
"What about the others? We need to..." Lux started only for Eden to interrupt with "I don't have a teleporter lock on them. They'll have to find their own ride... me? I'm getting out of here before the station decides to deploy weapons; someone's taken over and I don't think they like us."
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:10 pm

Kira started at Xernia with horror. "Why'd you kill him?" She excalimed at her. "You can't just kill some random person just because you feel like it, and what kind of blaster is that? Seems ahead of its time."
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:09 pm

Jumbocarrot0 wrote:Images are not loaded

That's really weird! I can see them just fine, and I think Bren and others can see them too...? How odd... On the post with the images I added some direct links for you to view.

Jake whipped his blaster out and charged it. Suddenly, the flashing red lights ceased, leaving them in pitch darkness. It reminded Jake of that ghost ship he had once visited... the darkness so pure. Jake activated his lights and proceeded a few meters down the hall. He rapidly pivoted on his left foot around the corner to see what was down the next hall. Nothing. Jake turned and began rapidly striding back towards the lights of the others down the hall. "I want everyone to stay together!" He shouted. "Where the hell is Lux?"
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:15 pm

Where the hell is Lux? Well when you went to check the airlocks, she followed behind and teleporters do make a distinct whooshing sound... she didn't just stand there and wait for you to return after you looked at a console and bolted. :P
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:17 pm

"Lux?" Sed replied. "I'm not sure. I did hear the sound of a teleporter, does one of the ships in the Rouge Union have a teleporter?"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:23 pm

Lux tried to contact the others at least to let them know that the cargo ship that Sediment had been on did in fact have a teleporter. "Communications are down, I can't get through to them" she said "And I don't think they're near a window so I can't just shine a laser."
"Send a message to the Scarab, tightbeam transmission. Tell them to get clear of the station and meet at these co-ordinates. I'm not sure if the weaponry was replaced with longer range weapons but to be on the safe-side, I'd say this is as far as we should be from the station" Eden explained "At this point, most weapons can be easily avoided as to not bother with firing at them"