FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.301/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.301

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:25 pm

Yep it isn't optimal, I just can't grantee that the torrents are seeded all the time.

@FearTheBlaziken: Just to be sure, can I go ahead with integrating your patch into main CE? You'd be duly credited.
4n4

Postby 4n4 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:58 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Yep it isn't optimal, I just can't grantee that the torrents are seeded all the time.

@FearTheBlaziken: Just to be sure, can I go ahead with integrating your patch into main CE? You'd be duly credited.

I will personally seed the whole thing for as long as I have a connection. I love this mod and want to spread it.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:49 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:I'm using media-fire since that has neither fees nor transfer limits, but I'm open for suggestions that match those criteria. Torrent might happen once there is a new stable release.

You could use Dropbox. The free limit is 2 GB, which is probably enough. oh and also Dropbox never has any ads like Mediafire.
Sleeper Service wrote:@FearTheBlaziken: Just to be sure, can I go ahead with integrating your patch into main CE? You'd be duly credited.

could you first pull all of the changes from the spellchecking github repo? I think there have been a number of changes that haven't made it into "official" CE yet.

EDIT: I also found the following typos, look in this imgur gallery, https://imgur.com/a/ikNJw ...there are notes below each image about what should be changed. these are from current CE and I don't know if they've been fixed in the repo.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:57 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:You could use Dropbox. The free limit is 2 GB, which is probably enough. oh and also Dropbox never has any ads like Mediafire.
The mod went over that limit once and downloads where blocked, so I won't use that again.

mr_easy_money wrote:could you first pull all of the changes from the spellchecking github repo? I think there have been a number of changes that haven't made it into "official" CE yet.
Yep, already pulled.
FearTheBlaziken

Postby FearTheBlaziken » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:25 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:@FearTheBlaziken: Just to be sure, can I go ahead with integrating your patch into main CE? You'd be duly credited.

Sure, though I do request that I want to be credited as BurningCookies instead.

Though you do want to be careful when adding the "<mod:removeTag/>" code. As one of them is involved in fixing the Pirate Lord/Lady quest. (If you removed the duplicate ship, DO NOT implement the <mod:removeTag> in events_ships.xml.append.)

Edit: You may also want to change the artillery description to remove the redundant warning as well.
Last edited by FearTheBlaziken on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Given what I've done while others were not active, I can now say that I've polished the Polish Kit. Release coming soon, but not from me.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:37 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
mr_easy_money wrote:You could use Dropbox. The free limit is 2 GB, which is probably enough. oh and also Dropbox never has any ads like Mediafire.
The mod went over that limit once and downloads where blocked, so I won't use that again.

uh but by my count everything is well under 2 GB... rough estimate a total of 300 MB with every download link on the main post (including randtrel and randflagship) :roll:...also heh, there are some dropbox links up there

blocked downloads? well that is precisely the problem the certain someone has with Mediafire, citing "Vodafone Broadband is horrendous and no matter the settings it still seems to prevent access to MediaFire", unless you mean something else. you could put up mirror links at like the bottom of the post or something, no need to make dropbox as the main download hub.
--------------------------------
on a separate note, now that the devs have implemented a fix for buyable artillery crashing the game,

Code: Select all

-Artillery systems can now be set to start=”false” for both enemies and players. Players can purchase the missing artillery system in shops, and that will no longer create bad save files.
you can get rid of the crash warnings in the artillery descriptions and add start="false" attributes in <artillery> tags for player ships
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.305/Inf 1.305b/EL 1.305

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:55 pm

Uhm no, I wasn't talking about file size, I meant lock-down because of download volume (not sure if that is the correct term), files size times download count. Most sites have a monthly limit on that, including dropbox. Since I can't control download count that can cause problems on the long run. Again, I'm looking for sites providing limitless download volume and are free of charge, dropbox does not cover that. The vodaphone problem seems to only affect a small portion of users.

CE Update 1.305
- Pulled most of FearTheBlaziken's 1.6.x related changes into the main mod
- Pulled recent spellchecking changes from github
- Cut hangar animations (no longer functional with current FTL version)
- Adjusted trade goods sell prices to give you the full pay immidiately (since no honor system selling is required anymore, trade goods are removed automatically now)
- Trade goods sell values are more likely to sway in your favor now and can sway upwards more
- Increased the chance of stores having a cargo teleporter in most sectors
- Custom player artillery store price reduced (now 80)
- Naginata Beam now has a small fire and breach chance
- Pernach and Maul Beam breach chance increased
- Hull Beam II breach chance reduced
- Kestral C now start with it's hold full of Looted Bounty
- Engi B now starts with a haul of Raw Asteroid Ore
- Zoltan C now starts with a shipment of Beacon Parts
- Changed Stealh B starting loadout back to Naginata
- Stealth B now start with a shipment of Small Arms

CE Resource Pack 1.305
- Added some missing sounds that where removed with the FTL update
- Removed some assets that interfere with FTL 1.6.x

CE Endless Loot 1.305 for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.305 for CE Infinite
- Implemented most changes from main CE
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:44 am

Sleeper Service wrote:I meant lock-down because of download volume (not sure if that is the correct term), files size times download count. Most sites have a monthly limit on that, including dropbox. Since I can't control download count that can cause problems on the long run. Again, I'm looking for sites providing limitless download volume and are free of charge, dropbox does not cover that.

Ah I see. So despite Mediafire's faults, it has one pretty big thing going for it. I'll keep that in mind. The reason I switched to Dropbox was because it wouldn't let me upload one of my bigger files, it just would pretend to upload then do nothing, and then with the ad problem I was sick of it. But huh, limitless download volume seems like a good reason to go back. :)
-------------------------------------------------------
On a different note, I see you implemented the start="false" thing and removed the warning from the artillery description. However, you left the warning in for the artillery tooltip, which for weapons used in artillery systems, does actually appear,

mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:30 am

JustinFont8.ttf needs to be removed from the CE Resource Pack (having JustinFont8.font next to it is not enough) because it leads to the following buggy behavior (running FTL Captain's Edition 1.305 and CE Resource Pack 1.305):

(aka the reason why FearTheBlaziken/BurningCookies desperately tried to drive the point home to remove the fonts folder)

There are worse examples, as you'll see if you enter the hangar, "Laser" looks weird. FTL 1.6.3 was going to fix .ttf support, but there was apparently a bug, and so .ttf support will be in the next FTL update.
Estel

Postby Estel » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:16 am

Sleeper Service wrote:- Cut hangar animations (no longer functional with current FTL version)

Nooooooooooo!(1!1!!!1!1) I totally refuse to update FTL due to that, glad I haven't done yet. Is there absolutely no way to keep our awesome alive modified hangar screen alongside new FTL version?

As for upload problems - Starting from March I should be able to provide a mirror from my personal FTP server. Can't promise stellar speeds (around 100 MB/s download max, shared between simultaneous downloads), but without any transfer limits and such problems. If Sleeper is OK with it, I will setup access for him.