[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
JakeCollins

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby JakeCollins » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:53 am

Soon they had EVA suits on.

"I think Bren contacted us through the residual energy in our trancievers' capacitors. They take a while to loose all of their charge. But I bet the circuit is dead by now. We can't respond."

Jake sighed.

"So let's just wait here..." With that he floated through the corridor and into the engine room. He pulled the hatch below the engines and pushed it aside, sending the heavy-duty-military-grade metal piece tumbling weightlessly through the engine room. He pulled himself through the open hatch, and into the reactor room.

The only light in the entirety of the Mature was that from the windows, and since the barely-closet sized reactor room had no windows this room was pitch black. Jake activated his headlamp, and looked around.

Two long glass-like rods protrudes from the walls with a gap in the center. These rods normally had reddish metal inside them, but in their current state were a scorched-brown color.

"Yeah... Sed the reactor inductors are spent... Know anywhere we could get some replacements?"

To Confirm: Is the battle over?
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:56 am

JakeCollins wrote:Soon they had EVA suits on.

"I think Bren contacted us through the residual energy in our trancievers' capacitors. They take a while to loose all of their charge. But I bet the circuit is dead by now. We can't respond."

Jake sighed.

"So let's just wait here..." With that he floated through the corridor and into the engine room. He pulled the hatch below the engines and pushed it aside, sending the heavy-duty-military-grade metal piece tumbling weightlessly through the engine room. He pulled himself through the open hatch, and into the reactor room.

The only light in the entirety of the Mature was that from the windows, and since the barely-closet sized reactor room had no windows this room was pitch black. Jake activated his headlamp, and looked around.

Two long glass-like rods protrudes from the walls with a gap in the center. These rods normally had reddish metal inside them, but in their current state were a scorched-brown color.

"Yeah... Sed the reactor inductors are spent... Know anywhere we could get some replacements?"

To Confirm: Is the battle over?

(hope so, a rescue during a battle, bad idea LOL)

Bren continued to try and contact the dead ship, to no avail, unaware of what has happened (the earlier post, he was just trying to contact him figure out what happened, he didn't know he made it through for a moment)
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:00 am

Kyre has just finished the oxygen system when the lights flickered out. She began to float as the artificial gravity deactivated. I better get a suit on before it gets too bad in here. As she got to the eva suit area, there were two already gone, signifying Jake and Sed had already put theirs on. Kyrie pulled hers on and floated around the ship looking for the other two. Eventually she found them in the dark engine room. “What happened? It felt like we hit something.”
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:14 am

To answer your question Jake, Bren is still in the fight, I feel like people are forgeting that. So at this point the only person that can safely save the Mature is Eden and I think she likes the idea of Jake dieing a long and painful death.

Sediment followed Jake into the engine room. "Reactor inductors. Might have some on my old ship, two problems though. I'm not sure if their compatible with the Mature and it has likely passed the event horizon by now. Of course the Pelican has a bunch of spare parts, although from the gossip I heard on the Pelican you have a small bounty on your head placed by Eden." Sediment chuckled a bit. "Ok, maybe not that extreme, but let's just say I'll be the one talking to Eden."
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:45 am

The Pelican's sensors could now pick up the ships within the nebula a little better as the clouds dissipated back into the abandoned and possibly destroyed Slug station.
"The Mature looks like it took some hits" Lux said.
"Serves him right" Eden remarked, moving the cargo hauler away from the beacon and towards the cover of the clouds. Hopefully Nicholas had prepared several of the missile parts into mines and was dropping them out the back in case of any followers.

She opened fire on the Slug ships as they passed through into the clouds, now that there wasn't a threat of nebula gases clogging up the thrusters.
NEmergix

Postby NEmergix » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:00 am

Nicholas used his knowlege of explosives to rig almost every last missile in the cargo aera .
He noticed a larger ship among the slug figters : a cargo or troop hauler . Maybe the very powerfull back thrusters that where used for heavy nebula navigation where still lit up , and he could use this aventage to blow up the ship .
He lunched into space a special autogided missle turned off by the cargo bay and opend the airlock to let the missile go : the ennemy cargo hauler no probled dodging the missile .
Hehe ... lets see if this works !
He pressed a command that made the missile turn on and focus the Pelican.
However , the slug ship was between the two , and the missile exploded at the back of the slug cargo hauler , creating a massive explosion badly damaging both the cargo hauler and other fighter ships .
Last edited by NEmergix on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:15 am

The slug assault uncloaked above the Pelican, firing all of its arsenal and teleporting straight into the runabout of the ship. Thinking quickly, the slugs began to overload the reactor of the small ship whilst taking it off within the cargo hold, waiting for the teleporter to recharge.
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:00 am

"Intruders onboard the ship..." Lux said over the comms just as the Pelican shook from several explosions and the shields rippled.
"Any idea where?" Eden asked "I know internal sensors don't work right when inside a nebula."
"They've tripped the sensors on the runabout" Lux said "We should move the crew there now..."
"They're probably either planning to steal it or destroy it" Eden explained "Because Slugs are such dicks like that. They know they can't settle on destroying their target so they do something petty like take anything not nailed down."
The crew immediately started running for the cargo hold, grabbing their blades and guns while the Slugs onboard had to wait for the runabout's reactor to power up. It would take a few minutes since it was a cold start.

The runabout isn't an emergency shuttle so it can be left in the cargo hold and run off the battery for lights and sensors
NEmergix

Postby NEmergix » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:50 am

Side note to stylesrj : in the game most races uses the same ( or pretty much the same ) sublight propultion technology , so we could fine tune fed engine to behave the same as slug ships. But thats most likely lore limitation
And how the fuck are they supposed to get out the runabout in outer space if we don't open door ? Or its directy outside but you can access from inside the ship ? Like the iss ?
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:55 am

The runabout is just floating in the Pelican's cargo bay so people can't get onboard
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!